PNY Nvidia Geforce FX 5800 Ultra

Idk, I see some recent sold for over $1000, not sure what the driving force is behind the spike.

Reactions: erek
like this
Idk, I see some recent sold for over $1000, not sure what the driving force is behind the spike.

No idea.

I can see collecting old glide cards and running old glide games. But D3D and OpenGL is all the same. I see no value in an old video card when a new one will do the same.

The value of something is whatever someone else will pay though...

Ended:
Apr 12, 2018 , 5:05PM

Winning bid:
GBP 1,580.00
Approximately US $2,244.5

An 'as-is' FX 5800 Ultra sold for $1038.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nvidia-Gef...b-DDR-As-Is-for-collection-only-/323263692608

Note that I am 99.99% sure the seller tested it and found some problems. I have an extremely hard time believing that a hardware collector just happens to have legacy PCI/modern PCIe, but skip over AGP. Furthermore, it does not require an AGP 8x board, as it is clearly keyed for 3.3V AGP as well.

The good thing is that he listed it as 'Used', so hopefully, the buyer knows their rights and can return it if faulty. If the seller truly didn't know the card's condition, he should've listed as for parts/not working.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
like this
Any technology that was made or released 15+ years ago is considered "retro tech" - the FX 5800 Ultra is no exception to that rule.
Still, that final price bid was crazy for that GPU!

Can't wait to see what an 8800 Ultra will go for in a few more years. :eek:

like this
Wow. Holy crap....
I wanted to get an old card collection going but this is insane.

like this
Wow. Holy crap....
I wanted to get an old card collection going but this is insane.

Go to your local electronics scrapyard and dig around. eBay is expensive because it is the widest market. If an item is properly identified, it will go for competitive pricing.

Also, please note that the FX 5800 ultra is probably the most extreme example, simply because of its rarity. It's probably the most expensive publicly released hardware in last 30 years (e.g. Voodoo5 6000/Aureal SQ3500 are unreleased and command more $). The FX 5900 (non-Ultra) or ATI Radeon 9700/9800 offer comparable in-era performance at literally 1/100 the cost.

I think I have a 5800 Ultra somewhere.. Never ran it and it was given to me by someone so it was probably dead ( it was just old hardware when I got it ). At these prices, I think I'm going to start searching

XXXXh said:
: my friend took pcb from 5800 Ultra with dead power phase, repaired it, then replaced dead gpu with a new one, and finally installed new flowfx cooler. It was a hard work, but now he has 5800 Ultra for nothing)

Dayum.. wonder if I'll ever be able to recoup the $500+ I spent on my old X1900 XTX card that's sitting in my parts bin now, hah.

Now, when do the sound card collectors start shelling out big money. I have some old SB stuff ;)

like this
Now, when do the sound card collectors start shelling out big money. I have some old SB stuff ;)

The only sound card I know that's worth a super amount is the Aureal SQ3500. Never seen one sold, and I wouldn't be surprised if they sold for more than a Voodoo 5-6000.

Otherwise you have your array of Gravis US, old AWE32's, Turtlebeach, and Rolands (probably worth the most).

The only sound card I know that's worth a super amount is the Aureal SQ3500. Never seen one sold, and I wouldn't be surprised if they sold for more than a Voodoo 5-6000.

Otherwise you have your array of Gravis US, old AWE32's, Turtlebeach, and Rolands (probably worth the most).

The Creative AWE64 Gold 2 / "AWE64 Gold Mark II - CT4560" prototype is extremely rare and worth a lot of money:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_Blaster_AWE64#Variants

"An AWE64 Mark II was also designed, and prototype boards and drivers made. This card added 4 speaker surround sound for games, and a hardware Dolby Digital decoder. The six extra phono plugs (sub, center, left rear, right rear, digital in, digital pass-through) and the extra Dolby decoder chips were placed on a second board which connected to the main board via a ribbon cable. The project was dropped in favor of the Sound Blaster Live! cards due to the high expense of such a solution, and the aging ISA interface."

file.jpg

This guy over here has one of those Aureal SQ3500s:

https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=41928&start=60

Oh yea, forgot about the AWE64 Mark II, that's worth a pretty penny too.

like this
I don't have anything rare like that, just an AWE32 and a PNP32 I believe.

like this
Back