PNY Geforce 9800GX2 - $539 + 7 Shipping

Gaiden133

[H] Ninja
ClubIT has the PNY GeForce 9800GX2 for $539 selling at their website.

Special Promo from the looks of it.

If you don't care about the step up from evga/bfg or double lifetime from xfx, then this price is definitely a lot more appealing than 600 + shipping from all the competitors.

Note to threadcrappers: yes, it's basically 2 GTS 512 stuck together but some people may want to get this solution as if they're running an intel chipset, they don't have a whole lot of options for SLI. So please, save that talk for the Video Card forum; we all know 2x 8800GTS/GT will save you more money in the long run.

Anyway, link is right here:

http://www.clubit.com/product_detail.cfm?itemno=CA9670548

As of 11:10pm PST, still in stock.

9800gx2.jpg

Competitor products:

Newegg - $599

Buy.com - $649

TigerDirect - $599

The only people will have them will be the step-up people thus making them cheaper!!

We should all sign a contract to not buy one so it goes down faster :)

We are the minority, it's the world outside of these forums we have to worry about when dealing with such things.

we should put a tariff on anyone who buys one of these, they have to pay every member here $1 ;) Then once they drop to $300 one month from now, we can lift the buying ban.

Ohhh, that 539 is making it oh so tempting... I'm still torn between getting one of these, or just adding a second 8800gt.

Video card is the worst hardware investment ever. My 8800GT is down to $170 already from $270. Why nvidia couldn't release all the cards at once? Now they gonna release some new cards in 2-3 months and will make the 9800GX2 owners look like idiots.

that techpowerup review is weird, you think the non pci-e 2.0 mobo makes a difference? those are the lowest fps i have seen on any review compared to the other cards tested.

Video card is the worst hardware investment ever. My 8800GT is down to $170 already from $270. Why nvidia couldn't release all the cards at once? Now they gonna release some new cards in 2-3 months and will make the 9800GX2 owners look like idiots.

Thats why you buy them a bit later. Instead of buying early, even though something new came out. The cheaper ones aren't that bad most of the time since its still good for a good long time.

Back