PNY GeForce 6800 Ultra for $350 at CompUSA!!!

The manager told me he couldn't give me the 30% off, but what he could do was give me a $100 mail-in-rebate. It's better than nothing I figure.

PS Halo 1600 x 1200 with 4x aa and 16x af and all details on max runs terrific. I've been playing some huge battles on blood gulch and only once has the fps dropped to 51. . .most of the time it's between 65 - 90.

Colt___45 said:
The manager told me he couldn't give me the 30% off, but what he could do was give me a $100 mail-in-rebate. It's better than nothing I figure.

you're dang right its better than nothing.

how is he getting you a rebate?

please enlighten me. :)

The manager created an unmatched mail-in-rebate form for $100 and I filled out all the information and sent it away.

free tip: if u dont have have any additional cooling over the 6800gt, removing the cover on the pci slot right below it will reduce core temp by a degree or two 8D

The status for the Ultra has not changed on CompUSA's web site, are you jerking our chain? Every day I do the cycle of currently active threads on this topic waiting for word on the Ultra--Anandtech, FatWallet, [H] & Futuremark.

Anyone else with a PNY Ultra sighting from CompUSA?

Hard to say that he is jerking our chain - but I have not heard about mine.

Did you have a prePay - or order from the web site?

Keep in mind it was through an educational order but I assume they will be available to everyone soon.

Packing.jpg

DSC01996.jpg

Uhm, I think he paid full price for this ultra.... Look at the packing list: price is $499.99 :D

well at least it is a good sign. pny told me earlier this week that ultras would ship to comp at the end of this week. So I guess a few will trickle into the stores next week like the GT did this week. I wish they had copper sinks though.

TehQuick said:
Uhm, I think he paid full price for this ultra.... Look at the packing list: price is $499.99 :D

and just think, he could probably slap that baby and ebay and some sucker will buy it for say something like............................... $1500 or so. :D

it wouldnt surprise me one bit.

You missed the point, the point is simply that now we're going to find out, and we know that the cards should be available sooner, rather than later, assuming their "educational" orders don't take up their entire first shipment. It means we can be hopeful we'll get our order within a week or two rather than a month or two.

I'm assuming that because CompUSA is honoring the GT deals that they'll honor the Ultra deals, and that this person's delivery means we're looking at maybe a week before stores start getting them, but we should know before that happens asm ore information trickles out.

maybe some idiot. I wouldn't buy it at all over some other brands if I didn't have the Comp warranty/upgrade thing on my 5950.

I tried to pre order on the 28th... got it on the 29th...

card better show up this week...

Not sure what that means as a practical matter. Late last week we heard CompUSA would be getting their first Ultra shipments over the weekend or this week-and we have picture proff that they have already started filling some of their Ultra orders. Do you think PNY's problems will cause more of a delay than that?

ysaric said:
Not sure what that means as a practical matter. Late last week we heard CompUSA would be getting their first Ultra shipments over the weekend or this week-and we have picture proff that they have already started filling some of their Ultra orders. Do you think PNY's problems will cause more of a delay than that?

This has been their reason for delay all along. CUSA has been receiving limited shipments of Ultra's this entire time. I didn't need picture proof. :p

Sorry, I did not mean to come off as combative, I'm just trying to take a limited amount of information and extrapolate it into a concrete effect as far as when I'll actually be holding the video card in my hands. I did not know if what you were saying is, despite what a prior poster said, that we should not expect CompUSA to be receiving more Ultras this week for shipment to stores and to possibly satisfy the pre-pay customers, or whether the memory problem was just a delay to this point but that hopefully we can still have some reasonable expectation to get our cards in the next 7-10 days.

ysaric said:
Sorry, I did not mean to come off as combative, I'm just trying to take a limited amount of information and extrapolate it into a concrete effect as far as when I'll actually be holding the video card in my hands. I did not know if what you were saying is, despite what a prior poster said, that we should not expect CompUSA to be receiving more Ultras this week for shipment to stores and to possibly satisfy the pre-pay customers, or whether the memory problem was just a delay to this point but that hopefully we can still have some reasonable expectation to get our cards in the next 7-10 days.

Don't worry about it..I didn't take it as you being combative....I haven't had a chance to check the last few days. I've been super busy. Let me touch base with corporate today again and see what I can find out on the Ultras. Last we heard it was simply very difficult to get the memory for the Ultras...I believe this is an issue with all Ultras period.

I called a few minutes ago...

I was told that they were sheduled to arrive 7/18, but are delayed until the 21st.

Possible shipment on Tuesday 7/20... Now I just have to reserve doom.

Guess this means that "Web Only" crap was a big stinking pile...

Just more proof that retailers do not give a single rats ass hair about lying to us, the consumers that pay their bills :mad:

Blackwind said:
IMO...that's like Scooby Doo hunting down Al qaeda. :D

*^Funny jokes!!!^*

scooby has a sandwich in the sand. al qaeda's got a doobie in the hand? where is shaggy... ???

CSx-2011 said:
I called a few minutes ago...

I was told that they were sheduled to arrive 7/18, but are delayed until the 21st.

Possible shipment on Tuesday 7/20... Now I just have to reserve doom.

Do you mean a particular store is expecting them today or tomorrow, or CompUSA is expecting them and would then ship them to stores . . .

Scooby Doo or not, the wait is excruciating.

they told me from that store that it was supposed to be on 7/18... and now 7/21... possible the 20th.. but it didnt show up today.. hopefully 21st is right...

Mesquite Tx store has a few 6800 ultras right now. (one is mine :D ) but online shows "not in stock" right now. They were the only store to get any Ultras. They had 18 yesterday.

But we saw this pattern with the GTs, right? TX stores first, then spreading, what, west, then midwest, then east? Is this the start of the same pattern as the GTs or are we still anticipating an extended wait?

no i think it was Texas was first and it spread outward from there in both directions at the same pace. . .

when i was pre-paying for my GT, i was ever so close to ordering the Ultra instead...
whomever gets their Ultra first, post a pic of it. I havent seen a single ultra pic yet.

Well my credit card has been charged out of the texas store. The mesquite tx store is a sort of hub for online orders and retail. the 18 ultras they recieved were sort of "off the record delievries" since they didn't really show up on-line. When I spoke with PNY yesterday, they weren't very optimistic on how fast a more plentifull batch would ship to comp, so I wouldn't hold your breath. I assume the few in Mesquite will be sold out by the end of the day.

Sepal said:
no i think it was Texas was first and it spread outward from there in both directions at the same pace. . .

when i was pre-paying for my GT, i was ever so close to ordering the Ultra instead...
whomever gets their Ultra first, post a pic of it. I havent seen a single ultra pic yet.

There's one on this page of this thread:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=769927&page=29&pp=20

It's a educational order that someone recieved.

Back