PNY GeForce 6800 Ultra for $350 at CompUSA!!!

I dled 61.72 today.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=820

I installed the GT along with these drivers. One problem that I have had is red lines have flickered across the screen on my dvi monitor several times. I hope its the drivers and not the card.

Where is the overclocking settings in the nvidia drivers????

wOOt wOOt chooooo chooooooo

I had to twist every arm over the phone in order to get my card at Culver :D

im picking it up at ... shit im leaving early today bigtyme :p

OrionNT said:
Where is the overclocking settings in the nvidia drivers????

you have to use Coolbits to enable the O/Cing feature.

you can get them at the same site that you just refered me to.

Well picked mine up today at the North Dallas location. I am pretty amazed that I was able to pick this one up for 302 out the door. They only had one in stock but the Mesquite location has 50. I tried picking it up there and the manager wouldn't let me. He said it was way less than cost and that I would have to pick it up where I prepayed it. Oh well gotta get some gaming in.

ozziegn said:
you have to use Coolbits to enable the O/Cing feature.

you can get them at the same site that you just refered me to.

Either that or use RivaTuner....

Keep in mind guys....overclocking is near pointless with anything less then a 2.8ghz processor. (CPU bound) Yea, like the procs in my sig. :p I've set them back to standard settings until I upgrade to a higher end proc and motherboards later this month......

Grr... did any of you get CDs with your cards? Mine comes with a little note telling me to go to PNY.com to download drivers. No tech demos, no screen savers, no nothing :mad: :mad: . Is this grounds for a lawsuit? :p

Well. . .my card is in. The manager called me today. He said he couldn't sell me the card for $279.99, but he could do $299.99 . . .but I would have to pay $399.99 and then get a $100 mail-in-rebate. Really pissed me off seeing as I hate mail-in-rebates. . .But I guess since it is a CompUSA direct rebate I should get it within a month and I'm still saving $100. I am not happy about the mail-in-rebate, but I will be content when (and if) the rebate check comes.

PS I can't pick up my 6800gt until friday because the manager had to transfer the card today from a neighboring store.

Colt___45 said:
Well. . .my card is in. The manager called me today. He said he couldn't sell me the card for $279.99, but he could do $299.99 . . .but I would have to pay $399.99 and then get a $100 mail-in-rebate. Really pissed me off seeing as I hate mail-in-rebates. . .But I guess since it is a CompUSA direct rebate I should get it within a month and I'm still saving $100. I am not happy about the mail-in-rebate, but I will be content when (and if) the rebate check comes.

PS I can't pick up my 6800gt until friday because the manager had to transfer the card today from a neighboring store.
WTF??!!??

Who decided that?

You the guy that had the raincheck from Michigan? -- just read your location??? Did you prepay?

Colt___45 said:

Kick him in the jimmy for all of us.

Nomad said:
WTF??!!??

Who decided that?

You the guy that had the raincheck from Michigan? -- just read your location??? Did you prepay?

The manager wouldn't let me pre-pay when I first went in because he told me that would be too much red tape for him to go through. But he did sign an agreement with me to sell me the card for $279.99 so I figured it would be okay. . .how wrong I was. Yeah, I have a copy of our agreement and I would love to raise hell with the Better Business Bureau about this incident, but I really don't have the time for this right now. Plus, my Geforce 4 Ti 4200 just died so I'm on a Geforce 2 Pro right now, so I need a new card pretty quick. But assuming I actually get the $100 mail-in-rebate that's still a great price on a Geforce 6800GT. So I guess I'll be happy that I got a good deal but I'll be wary of purchasing products from CompUSA and most of my business will go to Circuit City whenever I need to buy anything at a retail store.

TangledThorns said:
Yeah, whats the deal with no CD? Anyways, I'll give them a call tomorrow about that.

If anyone wants CDs let me know by PMing me. I have a couple friends that work at PNY and they will mail you one.

Colt___45 said:
but I would have to pay $399.99 and then get a $100 mail-in-rebate. Really pissed me off seeing as I hate mail-in-rebates. . .But I guess since it is a CompUSA direct rebate I should get it within a month and I'm still saving $100

This guy can create mail-in rebate offers out of thin air?!? Is there a mail-in rebate offer that we can all benefit from now?

Just ordered mine from zipzoomfly. But I'd cancel to save $100.

H

Just got mine at the CompUSA in Indianapolis... No pre-buy though.. got the last one on the shelf.

Greg

Gt.jpg

Hurin said:
This guy can create mail-in rebate offers out of thin air?!? Is there a mail-in rebate offer that we can all benefit from now?

Just ordered mine from zipzoomfly. But I'd cancel to save $100.

H

He said he couldn't give me the 30% off price, but he could do an "unmatched offer" wherein I pay full price but get a $100 mail-in-rebate through CompUSA.

Colt___45 said:
The manager wouldn't let me pre-pay when I first went in because he told me that would be too much red tape for him to go through. But he did sign an agreement with me to sell me the card for $279.99 so I figured it would be okay. . .how wrong I was. Yeah, I have a copy of our agreement and I would love to raise hell with the Better Business Bureau about this incident, but I really don't have the time for this right now. Plus, my Geforce 4 Ti 4200 just died so I'm on a Geforce 2 Pro right now, so I need a new card pretty quick. But assuming I actually get the $100 mail-in-rebate that's still a great price on a Geforce 6800GT. So I guess I'll be happy that I got a good deal but I'll be wary of purchasing products from CompUSA and most of my business will go to Circuit City whenever I need to buy anything at a retail store.
Blackwind - you have an Ops Manager friend over at CompUSA right?

Can you shed any light on this?

my cards better then your card :mad: ... :eek:
oh wait i have the same card. yours looks better then mine though -
again kidding. Im so faking happy its like Christmas. :)
sorry for the bad angle but ill post another after i download the 7 hour video driver from pNy.
dsl mind you, then ill bench it. Ill post benchmarks then a better pic. Everyone who got one please benchmark it with '01 and '03 and aquamark and whatever else i cant think of.
we can see how they vary from card to card and from cpu to cpu :)

uploadit2-DSCF0049.JPG

Ill replace pic above with new pic of benchmark.
First thing i want to do is retract those horrible things i said about CompUsa. After all
is said and done, i have a the card while they validated the discount. That says alot and ill buy other stuff from them, so it surely will balance out.

Both of the GTs that I picked up today oc to ultra speeds with the faster of the two having a max stable core of 420Mhz. I did mange to break 13k on 3dmark 03 and over 71k in Aquamark3. Also, the highest reported temperature that I have seen during benchmarking and gaming was during the nature test in 3dmark03, which was 81C with an idle temp of 56C.

Over 13,000 3DMarks 03

I was surprised to see that I am in the top 100 of WHQL Driver projects. Not too shaby for $279 :)

I travelled down to Culver City to pick up my card... it sure is beautiful! I'll post pictures tomorrow...

uploadit2-2smallnew410_1100_P4.jpg

A643200225x10 and 400/1100 video.
Im gonna clock the CPU htt to 220-ish and post results. Then i will put it in my Ic-7 3 @ 3.76 ... i cant wait to see who really is king in my lil hut. :)

Getting 10546 3dmarks stock on the PNY with stock settings. Card is stable at ultra speeds, but my score only changes by about 200 points due to my 2500+ at 3200+ limiting the card. Get about 9000 with aniso4 and 2xaa, and 7600 with 4xaa or no aa no aniso at 1600x1200.

Oh, and all of this is running on a 200 watt shuttle power supply :D

Nomad said:
Blackwind - you have an Ops Manager friend over at CompUSA right?

Can you shed any light on this?

Sounds to me like you should have wore your hip waders....the manager was trying to shovel poo poo in your direction. :D Seriously.....it was left up to the managers on whether or not they would honor the pre-pay to begin with. Technically, depending on your states raincheck laws.....he should have honored the agreed price.....

But is there any way for him to just provide some sort of rain check for an item?

Sounds sort of squirralley to me.

i got mine yesterday for 319 :cool:

afaik, my compusa, #581 in redondo beach, still has one left.. if anyone in the LA area is looking for one.. hell, i might even be able to get it to you at the same cost that i got it..

oh and silly question.. did anyone elses not come with a driver disc?

*mxyzptlk said:
i got mine yesterday for 319 :cool:

oh and silly question.. did anyone elses not come with a driver disc?

No, PNY didnt have the disks ready for shipping. I guess there are some cool demos on the disk also. If you want one PM me and I will have my friend that works for PNY ship you a CD. Also, verify that your s video works properly because there have been reports of the output being just black and white.

Does any1 know how to register these puppies? The box states that the card comes with 1 year warranty which extends to 3 years if u register it at the www.pny.com. I looked around that site and couldn't find anything... Any ideas? :confused: Heh, if look closely, the web-site and enclosed documentation all talk about lifetime warranty (until 6800gt is no longer produced) vs this fishy 1 (3 with registration) year warranty as printed on the box. Of course, we all know that u can't trust the box - we didn't get the cd with it, did we? :rolleyes:

[RCKY] Thor said:
Getting 10546 3dmarks stock on the PNY with stock settings. Card is stable at ultra speeds, but my score only changes by about 200 points due to my 2500+ at 3200+ limiting the card. Get about 9000 with aniso4 and 2xaa, and 7600 with 4xaa or no aa no aniso at 1600x1200.

Oh, and all of this is running on a 200 watt shuttle power supply :D

What vid card and score did you have before? I got about the same gear and I'm waiting on the BFG GT. I'd like to see what the difference was for you. Thx

Sepal said:
uploadit2-CopyofSweet4.jpg

Stock A643200200x10@1:1 and Stock 300/1000 video.
Im gonna clock the CPU htt to 220-ish and post results. Then i will put it in my Ic-7 3 @ 3.76 ... i cant wait to see who really is king in my lil hut. :)
The P4C will win out in that case. To beat a P4C clocked at 3.76Ghz you would need an A64 3800+ OCed.

Hey guys, first time in this 28page thread.

I'm considering a PNY 6800 GT, which the pick-up status on the CUSA site shows "Limited Quantities" in my area, so I figure that means they have some.

Is there anything I should know about these cards, any discounts I'm missing and such? Do these OC well, etc?

Nutshell -

Good card
will OC
if sitting on the shelf next to a BFG - buy the BFG for the better warranty
Too late for the deal

BTW, "limited quantities" for my CompUSA meant one. So don't dilly-dally. They were still in the back locked up. . . and I got the only one.

TimothyB said:
Hey guys, first time in this 28page thread.

I'm considering a PNY 6800 GT, which the pick-up status on the CUSA site shows "Limited Quantities" in my area, so I figure that means they have some.

Is there anything I should know about these cards, any discounts I'm missing and such? Do these OC well, etc?

I got my card today and filled out all the paper work and sent out my $100 mail-in-rebate. Damn, I love my GT. Yeah, my system is CPU bottlenecked, but I love my card. Using the system in my sig, I ran demo four of quake 3 at 1600 x 1200 with all effects maxed and 4x aa and 16x af and got 210.6 fps. . .gotta love it.

So was that $100 rebate something that was given to compensate an error in their pricing or something?

Back