• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Pny 6800gt

Timmeh

n00b
Joined
Sep 30, 2004
Messages
20
Hi, Just tried flashing my card with a few ultra bios's and its acting weird. First I flashed to the standard Nvidia 6800U bios, ran 3dm05, locked up on Test2. Same happened with a Leadtek and PNY Ultra bios.

This will happilly run 3dm05 @ 400/1100 on the GT bios so Im really really confused as to why it doesnt like the Ultra bios's, possibly more heat due to increased gpu volts?

Anyway, who has a PNY 6800GT with an Ultra bios on it? Id just prefer to flash the bios than mess around with coolbits etc, and I dont really want to edit my current bios... so, any ideas please?
 
Edit your Bios. Flashing it to some random shit typically results in instability.
 
i got a PNY GT, and it OC's so good i dont need the BIOS :p i can run it at 440/1150 lol
 
Xxplosiv said:
i got a PNY GT, and it OC's so good i dont need the BIOS :p i can run it at 440/1150 lol

that sounds like my first PNY GT I owned.

it O/Ced like a champ with zero problems. I shouldve never sold that damn thing.

<Ozzie smacks himself in the face.> :p
 
Davmx said:
you lucky monkeys.... My PNY sucks 380/1.07 :(
My first one was about that. I returned it and told them that there were artifacts at stock speeds. Swapped it out for a killer card.

440 / 1.16.

It is currently out of my box right now waiting for me to finish installing my H2O kit. Hello DD NV 68. I can't wait to see what this thing will do with 1.4 Volts
 
Xxplosiv said:
i got a PNY GT, and it OC's so good i dont need the BIOS :p i can run it at 440/1150 lol

You're missing my point, I want to set my clocks so they're permanent, Im not wanting to flash to increase my clocks, I guess bios editing is the only way then.

Do you guys make 2d/3d same voltage/mhz?
 
Well Ultra's have different voltage settings than GT's. You really should edit your BIOS to lock in your clock speeds.
 
Well, I cannot get past Test2 of 3dm05 with the voltage at 1.4v, I guess my gpu doesnt like volts, at same clock speeds 1.3v will breeze through whereas 1.4v locks up. Weird.
 
Back
Top