• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PNY 6800GT $329 preorder?

DigitalEmperor said:
doubt it. it's a preorder so you never know WHEN this thing might ship.

PNY is starting to finally crank them out if you have been keeping up with the CUSA thread. I'd say go for it.
 
I went for it, but still keeping my XT on pre-order just in case. This card ended up almost $200 cheaper than the XT...

Sounded too good to pass up for me.
 
anyone using coupons or anything to further reduce the cost? only thing's ive found is first time customer stuff and it has to be in-stock.
 
Damn great price. I would have gone for it but I am expecting a V-tek X800pro from Outpost for the same price. It's on back order. :( Maybe I should order the 6800GT as well and keep wich ever comes first. Makes choosing easier. :) Then again with my luck the Fed Ex guy would probly knock on my door holding both.:eek:
 
Wow great price! I'm tempted, but I have a feeling it's going to drop some more.
 
Man I almost ordered a GT yesterday for $399, never know what a new day will bring.

As long as the card ships around the time Doom 3 comes out I can wait.
 
i think im going to end up spending $411 instead of $335 .. just because I want this card now and can't wait.

i have a fever, and apparently the only cure is more cow bell. :(
 
mmm cow bell...

I don't really see how this thing can be this cheap but if they ever get some in stock they will last no time at all. I know if they still have this up next thursday when i get paid there I'm ordering one up.
 
I would go with BFG personally. Their support is 2nd to none and their return/RMA policy is awesome. They also have a 'true' life time warrent where as PNY only has a 'as long as it's on the shelf' warrenty.

I got my BFG 6800 GT OC two weeks ago; the card was defective. I tried everything to get it to work and finally gave up. Now I thought getting it returned and exchanged was going to be a pain in my ass. Well it wasn't! I called BFG and explained the situation and what I had done; they said "no problem" and shipped me a new card and with overnight delivery. I then shipped back the defective one! They really impressed me!

I would go BFG if I were you.
 
Rick James, WTF

they made me send my card in first (it took a week to get to them), and im still waiting to recieve my new card...to me, their support is terrible. Its gonna be over a 2 week turnaround
 
rayg said:
Rick James, WTF

they made me send my card in first (it took a week to get to them), and im still waiting to recieve my new card...to me, their support is terrible. Its gonna be over a 2 week turnaround

Who did you go through? BFG or the place you bought the card from? I went through the place I purchased the card from. They are the ones that sent me the new card first. Right now I have 2 BFG cards. The other I need to return. BFG did offer to RMA the card for me but they never mentioned sending me the card first though. Sorry if I was unclear on that.
 
DigitalEmperor said:
why do you need a lifetime warrenty on a card that will last you a year or two at the most.

I don't need the life time warrenty but it is a good selling point when I go to sell the card to some other nutt hair once I'm done with it. ;) :D
 
How are PNY cards quality wise? I have a BFG on pre-order but I'm willing to save 60 bucks and get the PNY. Lifetime warranties aren't a big deal to me in any way.
 
Well, currently all the GTs are manufactured/outsourced by nVidia themselves so quality is the same across all brands. The only thing the board sellers are doing is choosing the cooling and putting their sticker on it.
 
Ordered one... Originally didn't plan on upgrading but I figured "ah, what the hell."
 
Bar81 said:
Well, currently all the GTs are manufactured/outsourced by nVidia themselves so quality is the same across all brands. The only thing the board sellers are doing is choosing the cooling and putting their sticker on it.
Nvidia is doing the boards themselves? That probably explains why they're all IDENTICAL. Is this a first for Nvidia?
 
If you're a new Buy.com customer there's a $15 off coupon - check techbargains.com for it. I got it for $320, shipped.
 
Liam said:
Nvidia is doing the boards themselves? That probably explains why they're all IDENTICAL. Is this a first for Nvidia?

Apparently this is typical for a product launch. To get the boards out quicker the first wave is manufactured/outsourced by nVidia themselves and sold to board vendors as a complete video card. Later on board vendors just buy the chips and design their own boards if they feel like it and outsource manufacturing.
 
I'd love to know how much Nvidia sells the boards to the vendors for... not that we'll ever know :p
 
And that's all she wrote.

The site now says "Currently unavailable from manufacturer."

No option to buy, anymore. :eek:
 
And the Hot Deals post once again kills another online retailer...glad I got in on this early in the day. Now let us hope they don't kill all the preorders off...

6800 Standard is still open for orders.
 
I managed to get my order in on the 10th. The status is still "sent to warehouse." Unfortunately emails to Buy.com about the status get only a generic reply about it being backordered, and there is no phone number to call. Has anyone gotten their PNY GT from Buy.com yet, or heard anything about when they might be shipping?
 
Imitation said:
mmm cow bell...

I don't really see how this thing can be this cheap but if they ever get some in stock they will last no time at all. I know if they still have this up next thursday when i get paid there I'm ordering one up.

They will be that cheap in Dec which is probably when he will receive his preorder along with our comrads that order XTPE's form GAteway
 
Kurik said:
And the Hot Deals post once again kills another online retailer...glad I got in on this early in the day. Now let us hope they don't kill all the preorders off...

6800 Standard is still open for orders.
They've jacked the price on the standard to $289 now...I guess everyone is gonna price gouge on these things. :rolleyes:
 
I called Buy.com this morning and after waiting on the phone forever I finally got a service rep on the phone. They said that my order for the GT is still open, and that it would be filled whenever they got some stock. They couldn't give me any estimate on when some of the cards my actually be in stock - "could be a week or could be a month" was basically what I was told. Since they don't even have the 6800 vanilla cards in stock yet my guess is that I'll have to get a GT elsewhere if I want one before Doom 3 comes out. :(
 
ugh. i am going to try and call a little later today and see if i can FIND someone who knows when some stock will be arriving. i will be canceling this order if it isn't able to be shipped by the end of next week. i have to have a card for doom3 when it comes out. not to mention my system is sitting cold because i don't have a backup agp card.

i am typing this from my back-up celeron 333 machine which has been in service for a little over 2 weeks.
 
After having been told that on Friday that the cards were not in stock, were backordered, and that it could be weeks or longer before they were in stock, I bought a GT elsewhere and tried to cancel my purchanse of this card from Buy.com over the weekend. At that time I was told I would receive an email within one business day as to whether that cancellation was effective.

I hadn't heard anything by today (Tuesday) so I called them. Now they say that I can't cancel the order because it is in a shipping status, which it has been in since I placed the order on July 10. I asked both the CS rep and their manager why I couldn't cancel the order if it isn't in stock, and was told they couldn't tell whether any had been received or not, and that they couldn't talk to the warehouse to find out. They said a customer service specialist would contact me in 3-5 business bays about the issue.

Boy, I sure regret buying from Buy.com. I would understand if they were already boxing the thing up to send to me, but if it's not in stock I should be able to cancel it. I don't believe that they can't tell whether any have been received or not - if true it would mean that their inventory system is worse than any other on the planet. :mad:
 
i just payed MSRP at newegg and got my card 4 days later .... i dont mind paying more money and actually having my card in my possession than all this 'hot deals' crap retailers are doing :rolleyes:
 
Back
Top