PNY 6800 -- Successfully unlocked!

Twinkie

Gawd
My new PNY 6800's extra pixel unit and pipeline were unlocked via RivaTuner; no artifacts.

Hope you all have the same luck!

how did you unlock them with rivatuner? i got the same card and i cant figure it out :rolleyes:

i OC'd it to like 395/870 or something

buddy of mine bought the same card.. unlocked no problem but his didnt overclock for crap. 355/765 anything more and I got artifacts. Oh well for the price he paid he got a killer deal and the 16 pipe gave it a good performance boost.

I got all 16 pipes and 6 vs, overclocked to 380/800
Can't break 50k in Aquamark....

Awesome, cant wait to get back to Florida and try it out :D

I got sonata case/ram/video card/sound card/router all at compusa and I am putting it all on the plane with me to Miami :-P

maybe I need to remove coolbits and just use Riva tuner for overclocking? I mean it worked fine on mine but his wont overclock for crap.

There is a reason it's a 6800 instead of 6800GT or Ultra. Not all cards are going to be amazing overclockers.

You win some...

I got up to 400/850 but might have scene some artifacting was hard to tell. My buddies PNY hit 355/765 and anything over had lockups or artifacts. Makes me wonder if he has any missing caps on his.

Got mine unlocked (I think, see below), but there was no performance boost. Overclocked it to 370/800, definately saw a boost there. Gonna try some more overclocking today.

edit: When I look in the Custom graphics processor configuration in rivatuner, the checks are still by the locked pipe and shader, but it still says disabled for the state. At the top, it shows 16x1,6vp. Is that what it's supposed to look like?

Yes... 16x1, 6vp means you did unlock it. I unlocked mine today and got about 900 more 3DMarks. I haven't tried to OC it though.

add another success story.

How much would one of these go for reasonably priced?

270-300 american?

You can find them around 250 plus shipping if you look around... some of us were lucky enough to find them cheap at the compusa sale but then again some of those ppl ended up with cap problems. I got mine locally for 239 plus tax. Great cards.

I got mine to unlock and my video stress test in CS:S went from 99 to 113 fps. That is almost a 15% increase! Also my 3dmark 2003 went up around 1000.

To whom it may concern, re: making sure of stability.

I found that on my 6800 at least, the acid test for a clean overclock (after unlocking pipe/shaders) was the Nalu demo from Nvidia. Far Cry, Doom 3, 3Dm05 etc. seemed fine, but I ran into some funky artifacts in Nalu. I backed my OC down until Nalu was clean & clear, just to ensure stability with future games using more advanced features. You may want to try the same if, like me, you want to avoid spoiling a good thing by pushing the card a little too far.

Cheers!

The Nalu demo huh? Maybe Ill give that a look when my 6800 gets here. Thanks for the info - anyone else confirm that BTW?

Ran Nalu demo after reading this post. Did not receive any artifacts, however I am not overclocking. Basically just testing to make sure my unlocked pipes are working properly.

i was able to unlock, but i got artifacting when i ran 3dmark 03. In the nature and the elephant scenes was a lot of artifacting. Opened up, my score went from 7500 to 8300, but with the artifacts, i locked the pipes back up. I Oc'd to 380/780 and got a 8300 score anyways, with no artifacts. so i guess thats gonna have to be good enough for now. I am going to try messing with it again though, as the instuctions here were a bit different that what i attempted.. and im going to just try opening either the pipes or the shaders and see what happens as well.

I do have all my "transistors" so thats not the issue.

NeoTek said:
I got mine to unlock and my video stress test in CS:S went from 99 to 113 fps. That is almost a 15% increase! Also my 3dmark 2003 went up around 1000.
thats good wish someone could help me. i have 6800 oc from bfg and did unlock the pipes
but on css stress test with either the settings on low or recomended i still get samething like 75fps?
xp2100 clocked to 1.8
ocsystem pc2700 ram 1-512mb and 1-256mb=768
3dmark03 got score of 8863

your proc is definitely bottlenecking your ssytem, dont expect to get too much higher... its amazing that you got that high already

FLECOM said:
how did you unlock them with rivatuner? i got the same card and i cant figure it out :rolleyes:

i OC'd it to like 395/870 or something

Did you follow the sticky guide? That should help you out with unlocking. If not, LMK.

You probably wont see amazing memory overclocks because the 6800 NU still uses DDR1, which is pretty much at its limit right now.

my pny softmodded 16 6 without a hitch....haven't oc'd yet, but 01 score 21,000 3d03 score of 10,088 and 3d05 score of 3,800...all this with crappy pc2700 valueram....ordering some pc3200 pqi or ocz, tonight, probably pqi lil cheaper, and seems to be pretty good.

Back