PNY 6800 GT owners... did you get a CD?

NoxTek

The Geek Redneck
Just curious, but did any of you who bought a PNY 6800 GT get a driver/demo CD in the box? I just realized that I didn't get any CD's at all, just a little slip of paper that says 'Please visit the PNY website at www.pny.com to download the Geforce 6800 series driver. (v61.34)".

Kind of dissapointing. Although I would normally have downloaded the latest drivers from nVidia anyway I still would liked to have had the 6800 Demos CD that is promised in the 'This Package Contains' list on the box. (Yes, I do realize nVidia now has the demos on their FTP but that's not the point.)

I'm going to take the card back to CompUSA for an exchange today because of some other issues with it and maybe the exchange will be different. Who knows... Jeez PNY.

No CD here but really didnt care... I think it has to do with the demos since Nvidia nolonger has them on thier FTP...

my PNY GT didnt come with a CD either which is/was fine by me because I never use the drivers on CDs anyways.

I always get the newest and latest drivers from the web.

Wow...what if your cable or dsl was having an outtage when you get your card? I would be kinda pissed that they didn't even toss in a 50 cent cd with some kind of drivers on it. :mad:

joemama said:
Wow...what if your cable or dsl was having an outtage when you get your card? I would be kinda pissed that they didn't even toss in a 50 cent cd with some kind of drivers on it. :mad:

LOL :eek:

I can picture the scenario as thousands of people across America screaming profanity because they couldn't run 3D games on their 3D cards.

I bet all people who don't know about nvidia driver site will go back and return the cards because they will think they're incomplete. Way to go PNY. They will get a lot of returns like this lol

Unit-0 said:
LOL :eek:

I can picture the scenario as thousands of people across America screaming profanity because they couldn't run 3D games on their 3D cards.

Contact PNY and I am sure they will send you one when they are available.

they have the 61.72s posted on PNY.com... the 61.76's are on nvidia.

I thought that one of the salespersons @ CompUSA opened the package and stole
the cd :p
I called them up and demanded that they send me a disk.
I paid 399.99+tx, and I want everything that was supposed to be with the card.
I guess I will call PNY and ask for the disk.

I hope that was sarcasm... otherwise you're an idiot. The demos and drivers are not available direct from Nvidia.

Shorty said:
I hope that was sarcasm... otherwise you're an idiot. The demos and drivers are not available direct from Nvidia.

Uhh what?

Of course the drivers are available direct from nVidia. Oh wait... the demos aren't available from nVidia either? Coulda fooled me. :rolleyes:

Watch who you call an idiot, kiddo. :rolleyes:

Maybe it was the initial shippers that didnt come with one?
I ordered mine monday afternoon from gameve.com, and it looked like they JUST got these ones in.
It came today with a CD that has the following items:
NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6 drivers
Microsoft® DirectX® 9
NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6 demos
NVIDIA® NVDVD™ multimedia software
NVIDIA® Wallpapers
Verto wallpapers

The 6800GT must be pretty damn popular as the place I got it from is already sold out of them again. lol

Back