Plz help me use VDMSound..Got jittery sound when playin Star Trek:TNG "A Final Unity"

Hey there...I ran into this small box with some CD's in it...there were some really old games and stuff in it...one of them was Star Trek: The Next Generation "A Final Unity"...I remember walking by this game and begging my parents to buy it...I don't remember why I wanted it tho...

ANYWAYS...I wanted to install it to my PC and finally play it for the first time...LOL...I have Windows XP and Windows versions above Win98 do not play well with old DOS games...I had to download a patch to get the thing installed...after getting it installed it brought me to the setup screen...I tryed to setup the sound but it wouldn't let me for some reason

so I saved the current configs and exited...I did some reasearch and discovered that VDMSound was what I needed...so I installed it...this is where the weird part comes in...I right-clicked on the SETUP.EXE and clicked on "Run with RDMS" and when it opened up the setup screen for the game it said that it could not detect the correct cd...so I exited and tried again WITHOUT running it with VDMS...it worked this time...and also I tried to autodetect again and it worked too...I don't know why it would work now when I am not running the prog with VDMS supportbut IT WOULD NOT work before I installed VDMS

SO...I did the auto detect thing and it detected this:
SoundBlaster 8
Port: 220
IRQ: 7
DMA 1

I said OK and I heared the audio sample...YAY!!! Then again CRAP!!! I heard sound BUT it was jittery...I don't know if I am running VDMS or not...I dont hink I am but if I was NOT then why would it detect the sound now and not before???

So now that I have jittery sound I was wondering if anyone knew if it was something to do with VDMS not being set up corrrectly or something...was I supposed to have force the setup to config to a certain audio spec that VDMS would recognise when I ran the STNNG game with VDMS support??? Did I do somethig wrong???

BTW...it WILL run the game WITH VDMS support but there is no sound...with and without the suto detected specs...it will just go to the logo and then the screen goes black and stays that way...I press ESC 3 times or so and it'll go to the Enterprise...still with no sound

Does anyone know how to fix the jittery sound or to config VDMS correctly??? THANX
C'YA ?:-D

Back