• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Plz help identifying this older CPU cooler

alha

n00b
Joined
Jan 10, 2010
Messages
9
I have a folding farm I have been puttering with for a couple years now, and am going to be adding to it, but would like to keep everything the same for simplicity's sake. I bought 8 of these coolers back I believe in around 2009-2010, but can't find any paperwork on them, and looking at it, I can't find a mgf identifier anywhere. I'd like to find another 10-20 of them, but I'm sure they are out of production, so I'll have to rely on Fleabay to find them over time I suppose.

I am trying to attach a pic to this post, but when I click on the insert image, it looks for a url, and I have a couple of small .jpgs I took of it that I would like to upload/attach, but can't find a way to do it. I did search around a little but didn't find a FAQ or any posts to guide me. If someone could either direct me to the instructions or just post how to do it, I will post them and then if anyone knows what I have, feel free to post it here. Any help is always appreciated guys, thanks!
 
upload the pic to a photo sharing site such as photobucket and then post it.
 
It's been a few years since I used photobucket, but I do have an acct, so I logged in and uploaded my 3 pics. I edited my 1st post using the add photo, creating links to them, but when I previewed it, it just showed as links not as the pics themselves. I tried using both the direct and IMG url's, same result. Am I doing something wrong?
 
Last edited:
did it like that?
 
I'll try one again. Nope, just posted a link to the pic on their site, not the actual pic itself in the thread. It did have IMG on both ends, it add it automatically when you click the add image button and post the link to the pic. For fun I'll try uploading them to the other site, tinypic.com to see if they work any better.

1zl6elv.jpg

2z5nqcz.jpg

23v0xuq.jpg


Nope, this one doesn't post pics inside the thread either. Just url's. Is there something special or magical to get the pics to show as at least thumbnails if not the actual pic inside the thread itself so a person doesn't have to be redirected to another website just to view a pic. Haven't searched this forum for any examples, but I know on other sites I visit it is possible to post them inside the thread itself. Inquiring minds want to know! ;)
 
Last edited:
Wow, that's crazy. What's with the heatpipes on the bottom of the mb? What kind of case did these sit in?
 
Back
Top