Plz Help fast!!!!! can 16 gauge wire connect to polk audio p15?

bitibomer

Weaksauce
I just bought Polk Audio P15, but i don't know that can i plug the 16 gauge into the speaker or not, i know that my reciever can plug the 16 gauge. And how to plug a receiver( sony strk900) into my computer, i have a SPDIF port and an audio jack, and HDMI in my PC . thanks for helping

Last edited:
From what I understand from your question, you want to use 16 gauge speaker wire to connect a Sony STRK900 receiver to a polk audio p15 (do you mean t15?) speakers. If you are referring to the T15 speakers, then you will be able to connect your speakers with that wire (though I would recommend something a little thicker - I personally run 14 gauge for my PC audio setup). You can pick up some banana plugs to make the process easier (not sure if the Sony reciever you have will take those plugs, but the speakers should).

Also, for Audio out of your computer to the receiver, I would go HDMI out. Assuming you are running Windows 10 Anniversary Update, you should be able to click on your speaker icon on the right of your taskbar and select another audio source. SPDIF (optical) is fine as well, but I find that HDMI works just as well.

From what I understand from your question, you want to use 16 gauge speaker wire to connect a Sony STRK900 receiver to a polk audio p15 (do you mean t15?) speakers. If you are referring to the T15 speakers, then you will be able to connect your speakers with that wire (though I would recommend something a little thicker - I personally run 14 gauge for my PC audio setup). You can pick up some banana plugs to make the process easier (not sure if the Sony reciever you have will take those plugs, but the speakers should).

Also, for Audio out of your computer to the receiver, I would go HDMI out. Assuming you are running Windows 10 Anniversary Update, you should be able to click on your speaker icon on the right of your taskbar and select another audio source. SPDIF (optical) is fine as well, but I find that HDMI works just as well.
thank you so much.

so after i put HDMI from the receiver to the PC, the other audio source of the HDMI is SPDIF right?

You shouldn't need both HDMI and SPDIF, one or the other is fine for audio.

so after i put HDMI from the receiver to the PC, the other audio source of the HDMI is SPDIF right?

Didn't see this.

As said above by Brian, the HDMI is the sole audio connection you will need from your pc to your receiver. Then select HDMI as your audio-out (playback tab in the audio properties menu). No other setup should be needed as your graphics card will have drivers to handle audio-out from the HDMI as part of the overall driver package.

Back