Plugging The Xbox One Into Itself

What if I plug in my regular Nintendo via a Composite to HDMI adapter into the xbox one? Hmmmmm

That video should have been cut down to less than 1 minute.

Same thing happens if you VNC into the machine you're on and allow loopback. Infinite loop

I wonder if it's truly a loop, or if you keep holding the button down will the system eventually crash...

This is hilarious. What were they thinking. Or did they leave it for the lulz

I called it about 5 months ago:

DGQKuWj.png

I called it about 5 months ago:

DGQKuWj.png

Odd thing is it would probably work very well. Only issue I could think of is Kinect would have issues. Would be pretty cool to have two games loaded and switch back and forth. Why? Why do people shoot .50 cal bullets into new devices? Who cares. Love it. Can't wait to get mine tomorrow.

I remember accidently doing that before with remote desktop in XP because they made it so that you couldn't do that. used remote desktop to access the computer I as on, which of course created a loop till it crashed the computer.

Something... something... dark energy... the Matrix... 42... meaning of life... inception... black hole... dubstep... aliens...

the way ms has flubbed this launch, pricing, and product, I actually think x Bone is most appropriate

There was a rumor back when I was in high school that Marilyn Manson had some ribs removed so he could do something similar.

The first thing that popped into my mind after watching the video was this scene from Spaceballs:
Colonel Sandurz: Try here. Stop.
Dark Helmet: What the hell am I looking at? When does this happen in the movie?
Colonel Sandurz: Now. You're looking at now, sir. Everything that happens now, is happening now.
Dark Helmet: What happened to then?
Colonel Sandurz: We passed then.
Dark Helmet: When?
Colonel Sandurz: Just now. We're at now now.
Dark Helmet: Go back to then.
Colonel Sandurz: When?
Dark Helmet: Now.
Colonel Sandurz: Now?
Dark Helmet: Now.
Colonel Sandurz: I can't.
Dark Helmet: Why?
Colonel Sandurz: We missed it.
Dark Helmet: When?
Colonel Sandurz: Just now.
Dark Helmet: When will then be now?
Colonel Sandurz: Soon.
Dark Helmet: How soon?

The input lag!!!
Well lag between the input hdmi and output of hdmi which is well expected... it's not a splitter it's running though the xbox before it comes back out so xbox can do overlays etc. As long as the xbox doesn't feature much lag from the console itself to it's outputs that's fine. Hell the xbox 360 was a frame faster then the ps4 and featured a faster wireless pooling rate so i think it's fine.

This is why every QA team need at least one mentally unstable individual. You need someone that's going to do something so batty that no sane person would even think of it. That's how you prevent this sort of thing. :)

That and adding a sanity check to your "while" statements to throw an error if a loop repeats too many times.

Back