Plugging in a mic help LOL =((

Visec

Limp Gawd
So I just bought a new mic never used a mic before and I don't know what jacks to put it in, mic has 2 cables pink and black.

My IP35-E motherboard has 6 jacks, but the only black jack is used by my 5.1 sound.

that leaves 3 other jacks, none of them seem to work. Also my case has two 'front case jacks' but they seem to be output only? Do mic's needs to be plugged in the back pannel or am i setting something up wrong.

Pink = microphone jack.
The black belongs in the green port. Green is used for normal headphones/speakers, but in this case, your headset's earphone is labeled black.

What program are you using it with? It usually doesn't just come out of the speakers...although it can be set up that way.

If your using Vent, default is sound activation, but a PTT button can be assigned.

I've tried everything possible. Sound recorder isn't recieving input. When I plug my mic Realtek HD audio manager detects it with a message but I still cant get it to work.

Theres no 'transmit' button or anything? this particular mic is the most common mic in the world, I must be overlooking something very mundane. Do I need a driver? the instruction manual is about 3 sentences long says basically plug and play. Am I supposed to unpack the mic from the UPSbox plug it in and viola it works??? no setup?

Theres only 3 available audio jacks open of the 6 jacks on my motherboard; Green Pink Blue are free. The Orange Black and other Green are being used by my 5.1. I've tried pluging them in Pink and Green like suggested. Any suggestions?

Looks like there is a volume control of some sort, see if there is a mute switch there.

Vista?

Try here for enabling the microphone. You may also have to set it as default.

In XP, you have to select it from the recording radio button.

I'm going to guess you've already tried this but I didn't have the first clue where to find it in Vista.

Back