• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Plugging Headphones into F_Audio

Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
38
Hello guys I recently started playing around with my onboard sound (965p-S3) and my F_Audio plugs on my case (Thermaltake Armor Jr) and noticed that my headphones sound horrible if i plug them into either the F_audio or directly into my mobo (yes I know... I know... Onboard sucks) and boy was the sound quality crap compared to when I plugged my headphones into my x-530's which I plan to get rid of soon to buy me a pair of MS-1's.

Now the question is, is it normal for audio quality to degrade when connected to F_Audio as opposed to plugging directly into a sound card? It seems strange to me that the sound i'm getting out of my speakers when connected to my x-530s sound better than being directly plugged into my mobo. Am I doing something wrong?

Oh yea and I Notice that there is no Headphone plug on the back of my mobo and other sound cards I'm looking at online... So where am I suppose to plug my headphones in?
 
Your mobo probably doesn't a good enough signal to driver the headphones on it;s won so you get stuck with bad quaity sound. This is the only thing I can think of if you notice amarked improvment when connecting speakers and then headphones...
 
Ok thanks for that, I think I'll be replacing my onboard with a soundblaster Live! I found in my closer which I hope will be better :O
does F_Audio usually degrade sound quality?
 
Depends on what your connecting the Header to. If you connect it to a good card then it;s great if you connect it to a onboard then well, it will be bad...
 
riteo thanks for that :] I installed a soundblaster Live! Card which is far better than onboard but im still not very impressed... Looks like I gotta shell out some cash on a oxygen chip card :]

Just wondering with the Oxygen 8788 how do they compared to some of the portable mp3 players such as an ipod or a zen etc... Are they superior in sound quality or inferior?
 
Back
Top