barton xp3000 (400mhz fsb)
nf7 rev2.0 (latest bios)
Win XP Pro, SP1 and 2 both tried
Ati 128mb 9800 Pro (bunch of different drivers tried)
1 gig (512x2) Corsair XMS pc3200
420 watt Enlight PSU
Well the topic prettymuch says it all.I get random reboots in windows here and there and its REALLY annoying- especially when Im doing something important. I've read around for similar problems and people have said, "turn of the automatic reboot option"
been there, done that. so now im supposed to be able to get a BSOD right? with a specific error I can read right?
Well interestingly enough, not in my case. The screen turns blue and you can hear the computer go, " its time to restart bitches!!" and winndows goes : " no, wait not yet, BSOD!"(acutally you can literally hear something shut off - this might be noteworthy) and then it just freezes with a blue screen. no words or death, nothing. just a blue screen.
This is my second power supply so chances of a faulty psu are slim but who knows, maybe all luck is against me. I ran prime 95 while i was at school and when i came back i could tell a reboot happened because no programs were running. Now i don't even know what the error is.
i want to play my hl2!!!!!! one week already and not one single frag. heck, theres even dust collecting already.
please help~!!!!
and YES, my temperatures seem fine : case mid 20's cpu, IDLE: 40, LOAD : 50
nf7 rev2.0 (latest bios)
Win XP Pro, SP1 and 2 both tried
Ati 128mb 9800 Pro (bunch of different drivers tried)
1 gig (512x2) Corsair XMS pc3200
420 watt Enlight PSU
Well the topic prettymuch says it all.I get random reboots in windows here and there and its REALLY annoying- especially when Im doing something important. I've read around for similar problems and people have said, "turn of the automatic reboot option"
been there, done that. so now im supposed to be able to get a BSOD right? with a specific error I can read right?
Well interestingly enough, not in my case. The screen turns blue and you can hear the computer go, " its time to restart bitches!!" and winndows goes : " no, wait not yet, BSOD!"(acutally you can literally hear something shut off - this might be noteworthy) and then it just freezes with a blue screen. no words or death, nothing. just a blue screen.
This is my second power supply so chances of a faulty psu are slim but who knows, maybe all luck is against me. I ran prime 95 while i was at school and when i came back i could tell a reboot happened because no programs were running. Now i don't even know what the error is.
i want to play my hl2!!!!!! one week already and not one single frag. heck, theres even dust collecting already.
please help~!!!!
and YES, my temperatures seem fine : case mid 20's cpu, IDLE: 40, LOAD : 50