PLP questions

oldmanbal

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 27, 2010
Messages
2,612
Hello, I have a zr30w and am interested in setting up a 1600x1200 in portrait mode on each side. I just had a few questions if someone would like to answer them.

1. Can you watch movies across the entire 3 screens?
2. I don't think gaming is set up to use all 3 yet (i have 7970 cf)
3. is it easy to setup the two side panels to run websites, irc, and other programs while you game in the center?
4. are there any good 1600x1200 ips panels out there?

Thanks in advance.
 
1. Yes, but why would you want to? You'd have black bars.

2. What's your question? You can't run eyefinity full screen. Only windowed.

3. Yes. Just moved the programs like you would on a single screen.

4. HP LP2065. You can get them cheap refurbished online.
 
Can you link some website for these cheap refurbished LP2065? I looked online = did not find any thing cheap.. or interweebz just owned me..
 
1. Yes, but you need a certain player that I cant remember off the top of my head.
2. You can, but you'd be using SoftTH or Windowed mode. Xfire doesn't work with SoftTH BTW.
3. Pretty darn easy, drag and drop.
4. I used Dell 2007fp's when I did it. But I made a list of acceptable ones:
  • Dell 2001fp (S-IPS)
  • Dell 2007fp (S-IPS or S-PVA) [Get an IPS as there is a panel lottery with this model]
  • HP 2035 (IPS)
  • HP LP2065 (IPS)
  • Samsung 204B (TN)
  • Samsung 204T (S-PVA)
  • Samsung 214T (S-PVA [21.5"]) (Don't Recommend) [A bit too big]
 
Back
Top