• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PLP configuration surround

Foronine

n00b
Joined
Sep 21, 2010
Messages
28
If I were to add 20" monitors to my 30" in PLP configuration, would I be able to set up my desktop environment to behave like 3 individual monitors while also allowing my games to run at 4960 x 1600. I don't like the idea of my desktop being stretched across that resolution.

Every time is see an eyefinity setup, they have it set up as if the three monitors were 1 monitor, with the start button on the far left monitor. I also want to be able to maximize windows to one screen and maybe even run full screen on just my 30 inch if i wanted to.

I'm curious what kind of flexibility you can get with surround. I'm using a gtx 680.
 
I run that configuration on my AMD cards and on extend desktop it behaves like 3 individual screens, you can manually pull stuff to stretch across all 3 if you like but normal maximise will only fill one screen.
The task bar you can put on any monitor, but it will only go across one monitor at a time.

Games will work in PLP in windowed mode 4960 x 1600 or full screen with HTSoft.
Most of the time i just play fullscreen on the 30" while leaving the 20" on each side for the desktop, just make sure the 30" is the primary.
 
That's good to know, but I'm more interested in how my 680 will perform. Eyefinity is considerably more popular.
 
neither nvidia nor ati support plp for their surround gaming modes (surroundview or eyefinity respectively). So the only way to run plp like that is with surround disabled, running the screens as independent displays. So you would not be able to game fullscreen without the intervention of thirdparty software, like softTH.

However, if nvidia added plp support to surroundview, 300 series and newer drivers (required for the gtx680) by default place the start bar on the middle monitor only, and windows can be maximized to the individual displays.
 
Back
Top