Please tell me your Gigabyte P35 chipset temperatures!

rigor

n00b
Hi all,

When building my new PC this weekend, as I was taking my motherboard in and out of the case a few times (before screwing it down) to check how I should route some cabling, I made a bonehead move and grabbed it by the large heatsink attached to the northbridge chip, rendering the heatsink thermal paste loose from the chipset. I decided to take it completely off, cleaned off the old paste, and applied some Artic Silver 5. I noticed when I reseated the heatsink, it didn't seem to be holding down to the chipset as well. I fastened the push through connectors as best as I could, and continued my build. I never once fired up the system before this happened, so I am unsure what a normal temperature should be for the chipset. My board at BIOS is telling me a "system temp" of about 45C. Doesn't seem too bad, but my previous build with an Nforce4 chipset and a CoolerMaster passive heatsink w/ A.S.5 ran in the low 30C range. I'm wondering if this P35 chipset really should be running this warm, or if I need to go back and get some different thermal paste to re-apply to the chipset.

Please give me your temps for this P35 chipset!

Thanks!!!

My NB runs at around 40-45C depending on load. This is on an unmodified P35-DS3R, using an FSB of 425, with default NB voltage.

Thanks for the reply. I'm still interested to hear other peoples responses, so if you're reading this, please post your P35 temps as well.

Also, what's the best temp monitoring software, that will record a graph or peak temp so I can check it out after working the system heavily by playing some games or running some stress testing ?

Thanks again!

I too am interested to hear other users p35 NB temps. I just built a new setup using a Gigabyte DS3L, E6750, and Ballistix DDR2-800. Currently running @ 450 FSB (so 3.6) and running the Ram @ 1080Mhz. The speed is amazing : ) So anyway, I was able to re-use the Evercool VC-RE (of DFI fame) with great success! My NB is currently 36 C idle and 37-38 C load (with aforementioned O/C settings). All voltages are stock except CPU and VDIMM. I am pretty happy that this little 8 dollar cooler than could is working out so well for me : )

So for all you DS3L users out there, the Evercool VC-RE is your budget go-to choice for sub 40 degree temps!

Back