• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Please Review before I order

gilga

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 26, 2006
Messages
1,867
Here is what i am going to order

ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard 159.99

eVGA 256-P2-N565-AX Geforce 7900GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card 359.99


Thermaltake W0101RU ATX 12V 2.0 Version 550W Power Supply 94.99

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Toledo 1GHz HT Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model ADA4400CDBOX 458.00


Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive 96.00

Microsoft Windows XP Home With SP2 - OEM 93.95


pqi TURBO 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model PQI3200-1024DBH 82.44

im going to put all this in an aerocool masstige, BTW i got an coolermaster aquagate mini from ebay on the cheap and was wondering if it would offer better cooling than the stock HSF that will come with my 4400? Im not looking for other suggestions, just want to know which one to use, the aquagate mini 120 or the stock hsf

THANX IN ADVANCE!!!!!
 
Well....I don't know much about that PSU...But I'm going to reccomend you get an Enermax Liberty 500Watt Modular PSU....All that I've seen is glowing reviews.

Also, maybe if you could buudget in to get some better RAM (2 gigs?)
 
i already have a gig of pqi turbo ram (ddr400) and i must say that is pretty good. I would opt for better ram but i dont want to mix modules from different companies, that is why i choose pqi
 
gilga said:
i already have a gig of pqi turbo ram (ddr400) and i must say that is pretty good. I would opt for better ram but i dont want to mix modules from different companies, that is why i choose pqi
Well, by better I more or less meant to get 2 Gigs.....

So, if you already have a gig of it lying around, you will have 4x512mb, right?
 
that is correct I will have 4x512 and thanx for the reply!
 
I agree with bLaCktIGErs91 and get a better PSU than the ThermalTake shit. Get a Enermax, Antec, Seasonic, FSP/Fortron instead.
 
First of all, before I give any advice at all, do you plan on overclocking?

whats wrong wiht that termaltake?

There are MUCH better options. Especially at that price range.
 
gilga said:
whats wrong wiht that termaltake?
Meh, just a lesser, less supported Brand. Here is the Enermax Liberty 500W. It's only $20 more than that tTake PSU. MUCH MUCH MUCH better brand / Quality.

400 Watt A little bit less powered, should do fine with only one video card. I've seen them take on SLi before....:)
 
other options that i am considering are the
Enermax Liberty 500W Modular PSU
Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550 550W Power Supply

Which one is better, i hear that the antec is great, BTW what is so wrong with that thermaltake psu, ive had one for a while now and its been real good to me!
 
quick question: is that hard drive supposed to have super duper great performance?

I would consider a 74GB Raptor in addition to big hard drive to use as the OS/boot drive and run all your games from the 10k rpm drive.

*edit* Looks like WD revised the Raptor line and added a 150GB model
http://www.storagereview.com/articles/200601/WD1500ADFD_1.html

oh, and I do have a 36GB Raptor with the OS & some games on it, but it feels somewhat constricting. I can only have 5-7 games installed and still maintain about 5GB free drvie space. Once your hard drive fills up, everything slows down.
 
J Macker said:
quick question: is that hard drive supposed to have super duper great performance?

I would consider a 74GB Raptor in addition to big hard drive to use as the OS/boot drive and run all your games from the 10k rpm drive.
Meh...that's a nice price on that drive as it is. If he can afford it, I'd just reccomend a 36GB Raptor for his OS and Games / Apps.
 
Back
Top