• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Please Recommend Recovery Service...

Joined
Aug 31, 2004
Messages
674
Hey guys, searched the forums and couldn't find what I needed. Anybody know of a reliable drive recovery service, preferably in Texas? If you do, please let me know...especially if you have personal experience dealing with them. Thanks!
 
I have heard of a few disk recovery places but cant recall any usefull info (ie. names or locations) but i have in the past used this software to recover data from a failed HDDs. It depends on how badly damaged the drive is, but you may want to give it a try.

http://www.restorer2000.com/

R
 
I have had to send a drive in for recovery before. Not an inexpensive endevor. Attempt it yourself as long as the drive works, formating issues, lost sectors and what not are the problems software recovery can help you with. I guess you know that already. I sent my drive to Segate Data REcovery services. They diagnosed the problem and quoted me $3k. more than i could afford but they do mostly coprorate and stuff so they seem a little price bloated. Had a quote done by EcoDataRecovery after sending them the drive, same diagnosis, half the cost. still saving up to get that done by them. Unfortunately my thesis data was on the drive when it went. Saving up and recovering it will be much easier than another year of school. but I have time. For what its worth i also tried ADR Data Recovery and their quote was the same as Eco, i just went with Eco because they are close to me.
 
I have used LWG Consulting for data recovery for customers with excellent results. Their prices are competitive as well.

If you mention my company name "SJConsultant" it could help in getting you a price break as well.
 
undefinedundefinedundefined


I used SalvageData, they well very professional and the prices are reasonable. They offer a free evaluation and a no obligation quote.They can be found on the web at SalvageData.com
 
Back
Top