• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Please Recommend me a power Supply

joe24craw

n00b
Joined
May 29, 2007
Messages
14
I'm in the middle of my build and I realized I haven't even thought about purchasing a PSU or how many watts I need. So I come to the Gurus and ask for help. Could someone tell me what size PSU I need and what brand to buy (or how to calculate the power requirements). The only request I make is for the PSU generate moderate temps and remain quiet. I'm looking to spend about 300-400 on the PSU if I need to. I plan on WC and OC to the extreme. (The Computer will be used for gaming, 3D modeling Software, and as a HTPC
coolmaster stacker 830 (purchased)
asus striker extreme (purchased)
6xsamsung spinpoint t 500 (raid 5)
Kingston HyperX (4 x 1GB) (purchased)
2x Evga 8800 Ultra Black Pearl and Intel Qx6800 when they become available
8x 120 mm fans (not sure about how many or what size just yet)
2 ddc-12v pumps (purchased)
 
Thermaltake Toughpower 1.2kW. It's probably overkill, but it only costs a little more than the 1kW unit (well, it does in the UK) which is probably overkill, too. Nevertheless, they're descent PSUs with modular connectors, 140mm fan and nice +12v rail layout.
 
Back
Top