Please recommend me a nice ~24" monitor <$300

Tych-0

Gawd
This is for my gf. She games, though mostly rpgs, the Sims etc. Just looking for a nice quality monitor for daily use.

Thank you!

Dell P or U2414H, TFT Central has reviews of both. The Eizo EV2336 (thread with reviews) is also a good choice and it has a clearer, semi-glossy coating compared to the Dells but it costs a bit more.

I was hoping you would reply NCX, I read enough of your posts and reviews to highly value your opinion. Thank you, I'll give those a look.

In a similar boat. A dead pixel line just appeared in my monitor so I am looking for something under 300$. Mainly for mmorpg/rts gaming minimal fps games and occasional movies. 23-27".

Ideally I would like to have dual monitor setup but that might have to wait until I upgrade my hd6850 (waiting on new tech(20nm) not just rebrands).

Chiming in because I'm also in a similar boat. Whats the difference (other than price) between the P2414 and U2414?

The inputs? I see the U has HDMI and P doesn't...

Also, the P2314H is really cheap at around ~$170, and may be able to swing 2 of them. Are all of these the same panel type?

Last edited:
The color gamut of the 2314H isn't quite as wide as the P2414H or the U2414. I had one for a short stint and thought it was good for the price. I returned it because the RGB stripe order was backwards. It sounds like Dell uses a mix of panels on the P2314H. If you're on Windows and find the fonts weird, simply adjust ClearType and you're good to go. The P2414H and P2314H are both AH-IPS 6-bit panels.

Back