• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Please recommend headphones ~$100

black0ut

Gawd
Joined
Aug 5, 2008
Messages
616
Usage: 80% music (classical, jazz, and hip hop), 20% gaming

I'm currently using integrated audio, should I upgrade that also?

Anyways, in the market for some headphones, I don't care what type. Only reason I'm going headphones is because I heard that for the price, headphones trump speakers in terms of soundstage, especially at this price range.

Sound I'm looking for: I play both classical and jazz piano, and I absolutely cannot stand muddy lows in my music (tinny highs are bit more tolerable, but also annoying).

Any suggestions?
 
I'm currently using integrated audio, should I upgrade that also?

You don't really have to in order to enjoy a new pair of headphones (unless you go really high end), and it's not gonna have as big an impact as the headphones themselves, but it really depends on the particular pair of cans. You've heard right tho, as far as what you can get for your money in this range and headphones vs speakers. For classical music the Senheiser HD-555 would probably sound great, their low end is a lil' weak tho but they're pretty laid back. JVC has some great budget cans too. I've enjoyed my JVC HA-RX700, great bang for the buck, tho you've got a fair bit more to spend.
 
You don't really have to in order to enjoy a new pair of headphones (unless you go really high end), and it's not gonna have as big an impact as the headphones themselves, but it really depends on the particular pair of cans. You've heard right tho, as far as what you can get for your money in this range and headphones vs speakers. For classical music the Senheiser HD-555 would probably sound great, their low end is a lil' weak tho but they're pretty laid back. JVC has some great budget cans too. I've enjoyed my JVC HA-RX700, great bang for the buck, tho you've got a fair bit more to spend.

just ordered those JVC HA-RX700....hope they fit my head though! for $35 i figured it will be worth it to at least replace my TERRRIBLE plantronics
 
Grado sr60/80i's are pretty good in that range as well. Mine seem to serve me phenomenally

idk if Grado is idea for classical.. AD700 is definitely a very compelling choice for it's good value.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top