Please Recommend a Mouse Like Mine

Discussion in 'Mice and Keyboards' started by Hulk, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Hulk

Hulk [H]ardness Supreme

I currently own a SideWinder Mouse that is 10+ years old. I recently got a laptop and would like to buy a mouse that is just like my current one. As you can see, this mouse has been discontinued. Any advice on a mouse that is very similar to mine? It can be either corded or wireless.

[​IMG]

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-HK...332&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=ms+sidewinder+mouse

EDIT: Can someone tell me if the above mouse is a "finger tip" or "claw grip" mouse?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  2. EvilViking

EvilViking I Drank All Your Beer

Check out this guide:

http://www.rocketjumpninja.com/find-a-mouse/

There are several mice I've scene with similar shapes like yours. Best to follow the guide above to find your grip style / hand size and go from there :)

Reminds of of the Razor Naga, MM520.

Check out the Rival 310 or the DeathAdder Elite tho

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  3. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

I use a Razer Elite started using one 6 months ago great mouse oh and I have backups incase the damn thing breaks :D

4. Saturn_V

Saturn_V [H]ard|Gawd

I ran MS Sidewinders for over eight years. Had four copies, even had one on my editing bay at work. The last one failed in 2016 and I miss it horribly.
    [​IMG]

I haven't found a suitable replacement- at least for my O.J.-sized hands. I'm on a Corsair M65 now, and it's not been a fun ride.

5. SeymourGore

SeymourGore 2[H]4U

Yar, miss my Sidewinder as well. More than anything it was its size and vertical thumb button placement that won me over.

6. Hulk

Hulk [H]ardness Supreme

So what does that mean guys? For those of you that owned the cult MS Sidewinder what mouse have you moved to? I love everything about this mouse, still have it, I don't know how it still works since I've had it for over 10 years and use it for everything.

7. Saturn_V

Saturn_V [H]ard|Gawd

What I liked most about the Sidewinder was the size. The Logitech Proteus Spectrum comes close. But I went with the Corsair instead hoping for better durability and have been disappointed.

8. Hulk

Hulk [H]ardness Supreme

Funny you should mention the Proteus Spectrum, I actually had it in my Amazon wish list.