Please Recommend a Mouse Like Mine

Discussion in 'Mice and Keyboards' started by Hulk, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Hulk

Hulk [H]ardness Supreme

I currently own a SideWinder Mouse that is 10+ years old. I recently got a laptop and would like to buy a mouse that is just like my current one. As you can see, this mouse has been discontinued. Any advice on a mouse that is very similar to mine? It can be either corded or wireless.

[​IMG]

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-HK...332&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=ms+sidewinder+mouse

EDIT: Can someone tell me if the above mouse is a "finger tip" or "claw grip" mouse?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  2. EvilViking

EvilViking I Drank All Your Beer

Check out this guide:

http://www.rocketjumpninja.com/find-a-mouse/

There are several mice I've scene with similar shapes like yours. Best to follow the guide above to find your grip style / hand size and go from there :)

Reminds of of the Razor Naga, MM520.

Check out the Rival 310 or the DeathAdder Elite tho

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  3. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

I use a Razer Elite started using one 6 months ago great mouse oh and I have backups incase the damn thing breaks :D

4. Saturn_V

Saturn_V [H]ard|Gawd

I ran MS Sidewinders for over eight years. Had four copies, even had one on my editing bay at work. The last one failed in 2016 and I miss it horribly.
    [​IMG]

I haven't found a suitable replacement- at least for my O.J.-sized hands. I'm on a Corsair M65 now, and it's not been a fun ride.

5. SeymourGore

SeymourGore 2[H]4U

Yar, miss my Sidewinder as well. More than anything it was its size and vertical thumb button placement that won me over.

6. Hulk

Hulk [H]ardness Supreme

So what does that mean guys? For those of you that owned the cult MS Sidewinder what mouse have you moved to? I love everything about this mouse, still have it, I don't know how it still works since I've had it for over 10 years and use it for everything.

7. Saturn_V

Saturn_V [H]ard|Gawd

What I liked most about the Sidewinder was the size. The Logitech Proteus Spectrum comes close. But I went with the Corsair instead hoping for better durability and have been disappointed.

8. Hulk

Hulk [H]ardness Supreme

Funny you should mention the Proteus Spectrum, I actually had it in my Amazon wish list.

9. jeffo911

jeffo911 n00bie

10. Jayy88

Jayy88 [H]Lite

I guess the IbuyPower keyboard is dieing....get the beeping and D7 postcode, no console input device found.

Plugged in the Logitech K120 and it went away....lol

Yall need to recommend me good Mouse upgrade.