Please Recommend A Good Socket 775 CPU Cooler

SMCINAZ

2[H]4U
I have a quad core and a core 2 duo to install on Gigabyte MB with a P35 chipset. I bought 2 Tuniq Towers and the things are absolutely HORENDOUS to install. You cannot install them or remove them without removing the motherboard from the case! I cannot get them to seat well at all and temps are horrific, probably due to the inability to tighten the dang screw things which have this awesome tendancy to have their heads breakoff, even with only hand tightening, and they are very hard to actually screw in. These things were dog-gone expensive, too. Grrrrrr.....

Anyway....

Can you folks please recommend a good socket 775 CPU cooler that is relatively easy to install/uninstall? I would really appreciate it.

I have a quad core and a core 2 duo to install on Gigabyte MB with a P35 chipset. I bought 2 Tuniq Towers and the things are absolutely HORENDOUS to install. You cannot install them or remove them without removing the motherboard from the case! I cannot get them to seat well at all and temps are horrific, probably due to the inability to tighten the dang screw things which have this awesome tendancy to have their heads breakoff, even with only hand tightening, and they are very hard to actually screw in. These things were dog-gone expensive, too. Grrrrrr.....

Anyway....

Can you folks please recommend a good socket 775 CPU cooler that is relatively easy to install/uninstall? I would really appreciate it.

maybe a scythe ninja? That or consider a big typhoon. But for a good cooler, you're bound to have some sort of retarded mountining technique or another...

The arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro and Cooler Master Hyper TX are both good mid-range coolers that use the Intel push-pin mounts and are really simple to install (particularly the Hyper Tx as you can just unclip the fan) however they don't have quite as much cooling power as the monster OCing heatsinks that are around. I've still manged reasonable temps and a 1.35GHz OC on one though.
The TT Big Typhoon VX also uses the stadard mounts so should be pretty easy to install, but personally I don't know if I'd trust something that heavy mounted solely with the push-pins.

I would say the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro. Cheap, yet very good. Not quite as good as the Tuniq Tower, but for the money it is fantastic. But, if you do decide to install the Tuniqs, you will be happy, the installation is a pain but once you have got past that they are amazing.

yeah I concur. The installation of my tuniq did make me sweat, but it does a good job. The most powerful air cooler today is the thermalright ultra 120 extreme, but it's not particularly fun to install either. I think basically if you want a quality air heatsink today you're going to have to deal with a shitty install :rolleyes:

Another vote for the AC Freezer Pro 7.
Great cooling and a breeze to install, takes all of 1 minute. No motherboard removal.

For easy watercooling at a good price........Nautilus 500,ftw.

I agree with the Nautilus 500 for watercooling.

You do not have to remove the motherboard to install it though you will if you have to remove it to install a different cooler later on.

Back