• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

please recommend a desktop replacement...

kthiessen

n00b
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
36
Greetings!

I'm looking for recommendations on a Desktop replacement laptop that can accommodate 1 system drive (Standard or SSD) and 2 data drives in mirrored RAID.

(three drive capability seems to be hard to find, this is the deal-breaker)

It should have discrete graphics good enough to play WoW and Vanguard at max settings.

Weight and battery life are not an issue. (prefer nvidia)

What's out there that's good?
 
What is your price range. vanguard and WoW dont require an extreme video card so it shouldnt be that hard to find one.
 
9280 has a i7, 3 drives, gtx 280m, and 17 inch. 9850 is 18.4 inch so its pretty darn huge. QX9300 is best cpu for it.
 
budget wise, i think it may not be what the OP had in mind but a three drive lappy is hard to come by and they would have to be above average size to start. but it is surely a desktop replacement, for damn sure. :D can't fault me for that.
 
ok. The Sager NP9280 is what I'm looking for. Thanks God_Of_Death.

Budget-wise I'd like to try to keep it under 3k (I priced up a NP9280 at about $2600)

Any other suggestions for comparison purposes?
 
Back
Top