• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Please recommend a case/power supply for system

djlenoir

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 15, 2002
Messages
373
I am helping a friend to build a new system, and I provided him two systems (below) with the case and power supply listed. I struggled to come up with a case/ps combination that was adequate without breaking the bank. They are sold out and he wants to order today. Can I get some help with case/ps combination recommendations? He would be much better served with a mid tower over a full tower case.

I offered a AMD and Intel system so he could choose which he preferred himself if you are wondering but most components are identical otherwise. Items in orange were offered as optional components that he could live without if you are wondering why there are two colors. :)


 
In my opinion - the bigger the case the better the cooling works, power supply looks alright, but id get 700w just incase if he(she) wants to get 2nd card later.
I would also recomend going for GTS640 instead of 320 itll be better for future games, thats if your are persuing performance in games.
 
its impossible to recommend those items here without someone launching into a "I know better than you tirade" ( bbq:rolleyes: )

To case he should pick the case HE likes (ur friend is the one who has to live with it)

And to PS recommendations, since it it the heart of your comp its better not to be cheap with it.( Look to the $100-120 range)
 
Back
Top