please help!

solidus88

n00b
Joined
Mar 13, 2007
Messages
6
I'm in the market for a new HSF which will hopefully prevent overheating and crashing. I'm looking at the Xigmatek HDT-S1283 but my main concern is that it wont fit.

i have the ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 with Dual Core AMD Opteron 165 with stock hsf running vista ultimate 64. housed in an Antec Sonata.

While running prime95's torture test the cpu heated up to 100C and the computer crashed. I'm thinking that the xigmatek s1283 would solve this problem. do any of you know if this hsf will fit in my case/on my mobo?

if not, are there any alternate solutions for under $50?

Thanks in advance for any input.
 
soomeone has got to know! i dont want to order it and then find out later that it wont fit. please help!
 
Well I know the exact specs of every case/mobo so luckily you didn't list yours

/sarcasm


Can you provide some info/links to your case/mobo?

Chances are the xigmatek won't fit for you. I have one in my CM 590 and it fits by about an inch (after I removed one of the fans). You might aswell just get a AFP (that's 939 isn't it?) or something like that unless you want to do some serious OCing.
 
He said "housed in an Antec Sonata" :)

and?

I was mainly implying that since he's the one asking for help maybe he should make it a little easier on us and provide some links so we don't have to go searching around.

;)
 
it looks like it might just about fit, but maybe id go for the smaller version of the same heatsink to be sure. ( the 90/92 mm version)

thats what im probably gonna end up getting for the meantime.
 
by comparing the dimensions of my sonata to the dimensions of the CM 590, it seems that the xigmatek will fit. my biggest concern now is show in this picture:

asrock-boardbig.jpg


the circled heat sink looks like it might be in the way of the xigmatek. can anyone with this mobo who has tried using the xigmatek chime in?
 
I thought i'd have problems with my heatsink but I have it set to blow up (instead of back) so the Heatsink barely clears the ram.

I have a P35-DS3L though but the theory should be the same.
 
i've been looking at it more and the fact that it is raised makes it seem like its able to clear the heatsink.

anyone with this combo have any input?

also, how is the return policy at newegg? just in case it actually doesn't fit i might want to exchange or return.
 
Newegg is usually pretty cool about this. Just tell them that it didn't fit and you'd like to exchange it for a product that did. Worst comes to worse you can prolly sell it on here for a fair price.
 
Back
Top