• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Please help

Ritterz

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
64
I have 2 PCs setup wirelessly. One PC is wired into a Belkin router and works fine. The other PC uses a Belkin 802.11g Wireless Desktop Network Card. They did, up until Sunday evening, work fine. The PC with the wireless card in froze up, so I switched it off at the mains and when I had booted it up again, I had no internet access.

I have since - rebooted again, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, switched the card into a different PCI port, reinstalled the drivers again, tried the Repair option and removed the WEP encryption key.

The wireless icon says that it is connected and should be working fine and the router setup page shows that the PC is connected to the router.

I have searched through, (I think), every setting I can find that might disallow my PC from wirelessly connecting to the internet and everything seems fine.

I've exhausted all attempts that I can think of and Belkin's support seems virtually non-existant.

Has anyone here had any problems like this and knows a solution?
 
Start->Run->cmd, and then ipconfig /all for starters. What is the IP address listed there? It sounds like misconfiguration on the computer's end or perhaps in the router.

 
I just did what would you said Movax. The IPs look fine, but I did notice one thing. It says that IP Routing is disabled. I'm not a techy so I'm not entirely sure what this means but I'm fairly certain it didn't say that when I tested the card in another PC.

Could this be the problem? And if so, how can I enable it?

Thanks for your help :)
 
Back
Top