Please help.. XP Firewall went haywire

CorporalStorm

Limp Gawd
Ok I'm not sure what happen.. Im pretty good with spyware so I know there isnt any on my system.. I've ran all the checks.. So that is a rule its good..

I was trying to test out Windows new Live One Care Antivirus package.. It had trouble installing so I didnt mess with it.. One of the famous windows services was acting up..

Ever since then I can't ftp with the xp firewall enabled.. It was fine until then.. I have added my program, the port 21 to exceptions and nothing works.. I have to disable the firewall if I want to ftp.. Kinda annoying, it happened before but I forgot what I did to fix it :(

I've heard of many people having problems with One Care - I'm too scared to try it. Did you check Microsoft's site?

Ive looked all over.. I dont know wth happened.. LiveOne never installed and since then it's gone haywire..

One Care replaces the default windows firewall with it's own much more powerful version. You use the One Care control panel to configure it. I suspect that the borked install managed to mess up the default firewall config somehow.

Your best bet is to install One Care and then unistall it (if you can) and you should regain the original functionality...

Brent

Yep it's screwed my whole system up and everywhere people have posted the same as happened.. I cant even log into World of Warcraft because the firewall blocks it.. Even with it disabled!

I emailed microcrap.. Someone said you need a program that tech support emails you called Windows Install Cleaner but I cant find it on the internet.. THey said the Live OneCare will email it to you to remove all traces of the program and fix everything.. Thats bad when they release something and it completely trashes your system!

I've been using it on three of my systems, and I haven't had any issues. I had to open some ports to allow file sharing on my home network, which took a little while to figure out. I'd be willing to bet if you checked the support forums for LiveOneCare, you'd find the removal tool.

They emailed me the file.. Everything is back to normal.. I can now use my computer without the firewall going bazerk :)

At least they can fix it lol.. W00t!

CorporalStorm said:
They emailed me the file.. Everything is back to normal.. I can now use my computer without the firewall going bazerk

At least they can fix it lol.. W00t!

Glad to hear it's working again!

djnes said:
I've been using it on three of my systems, and I haven't had any issues. I had to open some ports to allow file sharing on my home network, which took a little while to figure out. I'd be willing to bet if you checked the support forums for LiveOneCare, you'd find the removal tool.

I too have been using it on all three of my home systems. It works well and the Defender integration is pretty cool.

Brent

Back