My first attempt at getting a good system didn't go so smoothly. So, now I'm back at it today after doing a little more research. Just pelase keep in mind that this is my first time making a computer from scratch. I've done upgrades/overclocking/etc before. Also, I haven't really kept up with the latest and greatest so feel free to slap me when I start ordering yesterdays technology.
I would really appreciate it if you could critique this setup. Any help would be great. And yes, I ended up taking the advice from everyone after my first attempt.
Case: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-129-127&depa=1 or
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=11-195-003&DEPA=0
MB: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-130-484&depa=1
Processor: http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=19-103-465&DEPA=1
Vid Card: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-164-038&depa=1 or
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-127-147&depa=1
TV Tuner: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=15-116-626&depa=1
RAM: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-145-440&depa=1
HD: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=22-152-017&depa=1
DVD: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=27-106-964&depa=1
CD: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=27-106-977&depa=1
Computer will also have a floppy drive and WinXP. No point in posting those as I'll just go with the cheapest thing I can find for both of those.
Once again, any critique is more than welcome. If all goes well this time around I'll try and place the orders tomorrow.
I would really appreciate it if you could critique this setup. Any help would be great. And yes, I ended up taking the advice from everyone after my first attempt.
Case: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-129-127&depa=1 or
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=11-195-003&DEPA=0
MB: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-130-484&depa=1
Processor: http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=19-103-465&DEPA=1
Vid Card: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-164-038&depa=1 or
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-127-147&depa=1
TV Tuner: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=15-116-626&depa=1
RAM: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-145-440&depa=1
HD: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=22-152-017&depa=1
DVD: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=27-106-964&depa=1
CD: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=27-106-977&depa=1
Computer will also have a floppy drive and WinXP. No point in posting those as I'll just go with the cheapest thing I can find for both of those.
Once again, any critique is more than welcome. If all goes well this time around I'll try and place the orders tomorrow.