• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Please help with my OC - A64 3000+

Brahmzy

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 9, 2004
Messages
5,023
Hello,
OK here's my setup:

ASUS K8N-E BIOS 1005
Athlon64 3000+ Clawhammer SH7-CG 512L2 (Thermalright XP-120)
2x512mb OCZ Gold rev. 2 PC-4000
eVGA 6800GT (nV5 Arctic Cooler)
1 74GB WD SATA Raptor

PROBLEM: I can only hit 220FSB with this setup. My proc. stays 33C idle, 53C ish load. CPU's at 1.65V, RAM's at 2.7V (as high as mobo will go)

Is this as high as I can expect to acheive with this? I thought I've seen folks getting 2.4 & higher with these procs. ?

Basically anything over 220 hangs at posts, reboots, or never gets to post. Please help!

Thanks.
 
WIth ASus boards I found it helped to disable all the things you didn't use in the bios(serial ports, Game ports, Parallel ports), and on my A7N8X-E I disabled Gigabit lan and got a much higher overclock.
 
Back
Top