• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Please help with cpu fan

digitalnerd

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 17, 2003
Messages
1,175
Yesterday when restarting my computer.. I get an error saying "previous fan failure" and my cpu fan has stopped working. I have a Dell Dimension 4550. And I'm not sure the size? Or would any fan work? This is what was on the fan itself..
JMC/Datech
9232-12HBTL-2
DC 12V 0.85A

If anyone could help me, I'd appreciate it greatly.
 
My 8250 was a 92mm fan, but I have no idea about yours. Had a 3pin connector. You will need to take a look inside and see what fits.
 
Nope its not under warranty :( and mine is a 3 pin connector that connects to the motherboard and not the power supply.

And how do I get the "previous fan failure" to stop showing up after i put in another fan, because I have a smaller one rigged up but its not the same size as my other one. And it works fine and that message still appears at startup.
 
digitalnerd said:
Nope its not under warranty :( and mine is a 3 pin connector that connects to the motherboard and not the power supply.

And how do I get the "previous fan failure" to stop showing up after i put in another fan, because I have a smaller one rigged up but its not the same size as my other one. And it works fine and that message still appears at startup.

even though it's a 3 pin connector does it have 3 wires; if its the cpu fan, the board probablly has rpm monitoring and if it doesnt see the fan spinning it shuts down
 
Yeah it has 3 wires.. black, red, and white.

Any suggestions on how to get that message off from start up?

And the casing that holds the fan.. I'm not sure how to remove my orginial fan from it? It seems to be held on by rubber things thru the holes in the back. When trying to remove the fan from the casing I broke one off :| so thats not how to do it..
 
Back
Top