• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Please help; Windows 8 + Creative SB Recon 3D having issues

Zorachus

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Dec 17, 2006
Messages
12,508
System specs in sig.

Recon3D PCIe card
OS: Windows 8

I have been having a major issue for a long time when the computer goes to sleep, and waking up, and no sound, and click on the speaker icon in the task bar, shows my monitor icon instead, not my SB Recon3D PCIe card So i have to turn it off, wait like 30 to 60 seconds, and restart it, and usually that does the trick, and my sound is back, and the SB icon is in the task bar tray again like it should be.

But this happens so infrequently, there is no pattern. Some days it never happens at all, and like this morning it happened a lot. I would turn off the computer, and wait, the restart, and again still no sound, and the monitor icon was in the task bar tray, and I would try the Creative sound driver update, and would say no SB product installed

Then a few restarts later and the speaker icon is back in the task bar tray, and I clicked the Creative sound blaster driver update, it found a critical update and I installed, so I guess we'll see.

Is this a known issue with Windows 8 + PCIe sound cards, when waking from a long sleep ?
 
Ugh :mad: Still happening :rolleyes:

Did not turn off computer before work, PC went to sleep while at work, I touch the mouse to wake it, and there is no sound again. I click on the speaker icon in the taskbar tray, and it shows my monitor in there.

WTF

Now I have to go through the routine of turning off computer waiting 60 seconds, turn on again, see if the PC puts the sound on, and not the monitor. I have had to turn it off twice already, still showing the monitor on each reboot.
 
Windows has had a long time issue with restoring devices after sleep mode.

You may find a solution in your bios options.

You may need to avoid sleeping your computer.
 
Back
Top