• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Please Help: Video Card Problems

Badgercat

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 24, 2005
Messages
124
I always use the TV out option on my video cards so I can watch stuff on my TV. I just got a new video card and I cannot get it to work like that. The video card works great, but no TV out.

Its a Nvidia Geforce FX 5950 Ultra 256 MB

It has video out, video in (VIVO). The card its self has a 9 pin S-video input in the back which you put the MSI VIVO adapter into. The adaptor has S-video and composite video in and out.

Anyways I hooked up the TV (tried both s video and composite) and the card did not recognize a second monitor (which it should). So I had to go into the Nvidia settings and force it to...

Now when I extend my monitor onto the TV it just gives me shit....like fuzz or static lines or some garbage. Basically no picture, that is for sure.

Can anyone please tell me what the problem might be....I am going to go crazy if I don't get this working.

thanks,

Badger
 
Update:

I just noticed when I start my computer both monitors work....for the memory check, and the loading XP screen I can see it all on the TV just fine, and my monitor...but soon as the windows welcome screen loads....its toast...fuzz and static start on the tv and no more picture....starts same place every time.

So I know my video card is not fucked, it has to be something I can do in windows, any help would be greatly appriciated

Badger
 
Back
Top