Please help - using dual 5850's and cannot get crossfire tab to appear in CCC

As the title says, I cannot get the crossfire tab to appear in CCC. I am using the 10.2 catalyst and trying to enable Crossfire with two 5850's. OS is Windows 7 64-bit running an i7 920 on an Asus P6X58D Premium motherboard.

I installed one card first (including drivers and hotfix), then rebooted. Then I powered down and installed the second card (tried without bridge first, then with); still nothing. I have also tried various other combinations (installing drivers with both cards and bridges installed, etc), but never does Windows or CCC detect two cards linked together. The crossfire option never appears in CCC.

What am I doing wrong? Please help!

Hmm thats strange, i have installed 2 different ways that worked:

1) install 1st card then put in 2nd + cf bridge and it auto enabled cf
2) put both cards with cf bridge and it installed and auto enabled cf as well

This is with 5770's, try the cf bridge's 1 at a time maybe 1 has a fault?

I would express uninstall all ati software, boot to safe mode run driver sweeper and then try the 10.1 hotfix driver or redownload 10.2 - might have become corrupt somehow.

Thanks for the swift reply. Unfortunately I have tried all of what you mentioned; still no luck. I am very confused... What could cause this?

Did you go into your device manager and check to see that both cards were enabled or that they both show up? Go to your display adaptors tab and double check that theres 2 cards displayed there right click on each one and check if they're enabled.

You could either try to test the cards on a different m/b or get them replaced.

Easier to just replace them i would think unless they are xfx (xfx lost my card when they gave me the wrong rma address, luckily they didnt tell me it was the wrong address until 18days after it had been sent and i was wondering if they had recieved it :rolleyes: )

Have you tried two bridges?

You can also right click on the ATI symbol on the bottom toolbar and see if it shows you 5850 1 and 2 number 1 will also have crossfire option to turn it on and off there

Yes, I have tried two bridges, one bridge, one card installed at a time, then the other. I tried adding the second card with and without bridges, etc. I think I have tried everything except an OS re-install, which I would rather not do.

Here is a pic showing both cards are installed, and one showing crossfire is not an option in CCC under the Graphics menu:

Cards.jpg

pic.jpg

Okay, I ran across an interesting development...

I removed the bridge between my ATI cards after I re-installed the drivers and cards again. Now this message pops up:

ati.jpg

This NEVER comes up when I have the bridge(s) connected, so why does it show with both cards installed but no link connector? The Crossfire tab now pops up under Graphics, but it says my bridges aren't installed correctly. I will, once again, connect them, but in the past it hasn't worked...

Okay, I finally got things working. GPUZ says crossfire is enable. Thanks for the help everyone.

crossfire.png

Is it suppose to say anything under the Diagnostics tab under where it has the status of the setup?

status.jpg

Last edited:
Back