please help urgent

gord27

n00b
i'm trying to switch back from my highpoint 3520 to my ich9r and no matter what device i plug my hdds in to they don't spin up. the only way i can get them to power is with the high point controller. wtf is going on?? i've been working on this for 4 hours now and only just realized that the drives were not even powering. they work just fine on the high point but if i plug straight sata from the wall they won't even spin up. only way i've been able to get them to work on any other machine is to use the "unplug" option on the high point web config as it keeps them powered. i can access and format them as soon as i use the unplug option but the minute i power off my machine they're as good as dead.

glad you all were so much help. after contacting high point i was informed it was an incompatibility with the wd aaks and ks models and staggered spin up. high point told me to contact wd, wd is replacing all 4 drives. i can't believe problems like this go undocumented both on wd site and high point site. especially since these drives are listed as compatible on my controllers compatibility list...

Thanks for the followup, now you'll be the savior of all who might encounter the same problem. You sir are HeRa!

Back