Please HELP!! Unable to install Windows. BSOD!

Morazl

[H]ard|Gawd
So my trial for Server 2k8 ran out and I decided to put XP back on my system. I backup all my things and boot from my XP cd, all the files load and it gets to the final step where at the bottom right it says "Setup is starting Windows" or something like that, immediately after I am presented with this:

DSC_0132.jpg

Not only am I getting a BSOD but when I try to boot Windows Server 2k8 it is now giving me a "BOOTMGR is missing" or "BOOTMGR is invalid". So now I can't even get on my computer.

Troubleshooting I have done:

Disconnected my RAID, and all extra hard drives except for the one I want to install to.

Booted with each stick of my RAM

Power cycled my computer

I seriously have no clue what to do and I need my computer. If anyone can shed insight, PLEASE!

Dude, I got the exact same problem as you when I tried to install XP on my Acer Q6600 Quad system with Vista. I popped in another harddrive and wanted to install XP but, came across this problem also. At the time, I did not bother to try and find out what the problem was soo.. I didn't bother. But, yah if someone has insight on this problem I would like to know to.

Maybe try starting the SATA drive in IDE mode. Go into the bios and change the setting. XP might not have the chipset drivers on your CD. You also may have to format the partition that you are installing to if Vista was on that partition.

I disabled RAID in the BIOS and it worked, however when I re-enable RAID it just corrupts my Windows install, so my 2x750gb RAID-0 is shot. Looks like i'll be doing some massive amounts of data recovery this weekend.

God damnit.

Back