• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Please help the n00bie!! Probs with Electron Microscope

rodsfree

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 13, 2004
Messages
1,417
Heeelllppp!!!
I can't read what EM is telling me.
All the numbers are written over each other.

I tried deleting EM and then unzipping it again but that didn't work. :(
It went right back to messed up again.

I was trying to switch to the [H]ard|OCP skin when I screwed it up.
 
rodsfree said:
Heeelllppp!!!
I can't read what EM is telling me.
All the numbers are written over each other.

I tried deleting EM and then unzipping it again but that didn't work. :(
It went right back to messed up again.

I was trying to switch to the [H]ard|OCP skin when I screwed it up.

I don't have any specific advice on how to handle this problem, but I had a question as well. Does anybody know if there are support forums for EMIII? I checked www.em-dc.com, but didnt see any. I'm having probs getting multiple console proteins on the same PC to show in EMIII, EMIII forums may be able to answer rodsfree and my questions.

TIA,

 
Haven't had that problem. The programmer frequents these threads and hopefully will be able to help you.
 
I don't know of any forums, and google doesn't turn one up. That means it doesn't exist ;)

Perhaps you can search through the registry and remove all the references to EM3?
 
m4yh3m said:
I don't have any specific advice on how to handle this problem, but I had a question as well. Does anybody know if there are support forums for EMIII? I checked www.em-dc.com, but didnt see any. I'm having probs getting multiple console proteins on the same PC to show in EMIII, EMIII forums may be able to answer rodsfree and my questions.

TIA,



If you’re running more then one console on one PC with one CPU you’re not gaining much for yourself. You do need to have each instance of folding in a different folder; each folder needs a different name. From EMIII navigate to each folding individually and treat it like a separate machine. Folding will support up to 4 folders per machine. Don’t forget to designate each folder as machine #1 #2 etc during setup. It’s a manual process but it’s quick down and dirty.

Oh, DO NOT copy the contents from one folder to another. That will only screw up your stats.
 
You can also drag-n-drop folders into EM3. This makes it a lot easier if you've got a bunch of machines or clients running.
 
BillR said:
If you’re running more then one console on one PC with one CPU you’re not gaining much for yourself. You do need to have each instance of folding in a different folder; each folder needs a different name. From EMIII navigate to each folding individually and treat it like a separate machine. Folding will support up to 4 folders per machine. Don’t forget to designate each folder as machine #1 #2 etc during setup. It’s a manual process but it’s quick down and dirty.

Oh, DO NOT copy the contents from one folder to another. That will only screw up your stats.

The single machine I am running the two consoles on is a P4 HT, numerous sources have indicated that 15-30% extra points production can be gained by using the virtual HT processor at the cost of overall speed. Hence I am running this config on one rig and a single instance of the console on another P4 HT boxen at work. Seemed like a good compromise to me.

Each instance of the console is running in its own folder, and I did the install and -configonly shortcuts from seperate console programs. In addition, each config was given its own machine id, and I confired that two instances of the service is running (one for each folder) with the -local switch modified into the service via registry hack. Processor is pegged at 100%, so it does indeed look like two instances are running.

I just can't get the second instance to show up in EMIII, everytime I manually edit the folder path and save, it reverts to the first instance path. I suspect the problem maybe that I am running 502console and EMIII specifically states it is looking for 500console but I can't be sure.

Sorry for the hijack, as long as the units are being processed, its not that big of a deal but it would be nice to see whats happening as I am kinda nosy that way :)


 
Sorry about the double post, for some reason my machine seems to be on drugs (can't be an operator problem), now I am having no problems monitoring the 3 proteins being folded on my two rigs.

I still have no idea what rodsfree's EMIII skin issue is, I'm afraid to touch anything how that I have mine working.

 
Does anyone have the reg keys for it?
Maybe I can delete them like unhappy_mage suggested?
I was hopeing that it wouldn't come to that. :(
Thanks
 
m4yh3m said:
I just can't get the second instance to show up in EMIII, everytime I manually edit the folder path and save, it reverts to the first instance path. I suspect the problem maybe that I am running 502console and EMIII specifically states it is looking for 500console but I can't be sure.

you need to rename the FAH502-Console.exe to FAH500-Console.exe and EM will pick it up. i know LPerry posted it some place i just havent been able to find it on his site to link you.

Hope that helps!

Buck
 
rodsfree said:
Heeelllppp!!!
I can't read what EM is telling me.
All the numbers are written over each other.

I tried deleting EM and then unzipping it again but that didn't work. :(
It went right back to messed up again.

I was trying to switch to the [H]ard|OCP skin when I screwed it up.


Do you have large fonts turned on in windows? If so, that's probably your problem.

Edit: Nevermind I guess since it was working to start with. Sorry.
 
Buckshot said:
you need to rename the FAH502-Console.exe to FAH500-Console.exe and EM will pick it up. i know LPerry posted it some place i just havent been able to find it on his site to link you.

Hope that helps!

Buck

I appreciate the help, I will probably do that for future boxen. It works fine without renaming assuuming the paths to the folding directories are correct. Many of the problems I have at work were due to NT/Win2k3 domain issues, the 2 boxen at work are on different NT domains so the mapped drives need to be reconnected any time either box is rebooted. I could probably figure out how to do automatically, probably :)

 
Killer[MoB] said:
Do you have large fonts turned on in windows? If so, that's probably your problem.


That was it!!!! :D :D

Maybe it was working on my wifes machine instead of this one.

Is there any way to get this added to the FAQ?
 
m4yh3m said:
No kidding. I'd hate them more but Windows crappiness is good job security. :)

QFT. People with Windows are my biggest customers.

Of course, in 15 years, we'll all be complaining about the Redhat n00bs... :rolleyes:
 
Back
Top