Please help,,,Tagan PSU's any good?

ncantador

Gawd
I'm looking replace my current power supply and I'm trying to decide between the Tagan 480 watt unit or the xconnect 500 watt unit. Which of the 2 would be a better choice?

I've got the Tagan 480watt...

Its been rock steady, and the voltages are spot on.

Only downside is that it only has one fan, so its prob running a tad hotter.

Thanks for the reply,

The one that I'm considering has an intake and exhaust fan. Its actually the one in this link.
Are we talking about the same PSU?

high average PSU, reliable and powerful
meeting basic spec compliance and well made ;)
they are however ATX12V v1.3 not ATX12V v2.0

in the ATX12V v2.0 category
you might also consider the new Fortron Blue Storm 500W for an ATX12V v2.0 Id consider "entry level"
has dual +12V rails for a total of 30A

or the Antec Neopower for a modular wiring harness and a supply that exceeds spec

as far as running a given config
youd need to run the numbers

Great information Ice Czar, thanks!

another question, what does ATX v2.0 mean, is it that it makes it compatible with 915/925 24pin, or is there more?

Edit: never mind, you answered it in your previous post.

Thanks again.

well in the event someone stumbles across this i'll answer that here to
some of the v1.3 supplies have incorporated these as well, but basically with v2.0
the total amps on the +12V rail increased, the efficiency increased

the real differences are that a compliant (not simply compatible) v2.0 will have dual +12V rails, and the 24 pin you mentioned, while the v1.3 will have a 20 pin main power connector
(both having a 4 pin +12V auxillary mobo connector 2x2)

Good Luck and try to get a UPS
that makes the job of any power supply that much easier
(not having to deal with a variable AC source)
dramatically reducing the potential for killing a mobo or supply
most surge suppressors are scraficial (MOV) eventually wearing out
and cant deal with a sag (brownout)

Power Conditioning 101 and the
Dangers of MOV surge protectors

I have the power supply , very good ;) ....

And best of all it came with 36months warranty :p

Little off topic, but seeing a post like this really makes me wonder... is there a better way to share information? The forums are great, and they do have a search, but it still seems like the information could be better organized to avoid repeat threads (the Sticky's do help) and help new people get to the already present information with less difficulty.. is there a better forum setup (this one is my favorite, so I doubt it) or a Wiki type informational site for computer users, or would setting one up be more beneficial... a carefully moderated "open source" sort of information building site with more structure than an open forum?

And just so this is on topic... I get the power I need from the NeoPower for the system in my signature... but my uneducated opinion is that the Fortron Blue Storm would have been a better choice, at least in my case...

Back