dwightschrute
Gawd
- Joined
- Apr 1, 2012
- Messages
- 568
Q: Usage?
A: War Z, Day Z, Bf3, fps etc. Surround Gaming primarily.
Q: DAC/Soundcard?
A: Right now I'm using a Fiio E7.
Q: Price range?
A: Only care about getting a good deal. Because it's black friday weekend I can spend a lot or a little if the item is quality and discounted/on a good sale. Wouldn't want to spend more than $600 on cans or $300 for a card if ordering online since anything above that I would want to test in person.
Q: Headset or Just Headphones
A: Prefer Headphones please, no mic.
Thanks in advance!
More Detail:
Basically I want the best possible solution for accuracy in determing where those footsteps or gun-shots are coming from.
Right now I'm using sennheiser 448s on my fiio e7 because it's what I have.
I can actually tell within some fractions of a second where shots and footsteps are because the sound is pretty darn good on my stereo headset but I would like better if possible
I want to get Dolby Headphone running, as I hear physical 5.1/7.1 sets aren't so great usually. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also I'm not interested in headsets and don't care for them and they are the ones who mostly have physical 5.1/7.1 right?
Would getting an ASUS STX or Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD be the right way to go? And couple that with what? I don't have to keep using my 448s as I got them on a big sale the other year and only use them because they are there. Keep in mind I have other pairs of cans laying around and plan on buying one or two for the holidays. The ones I do have are mostly open and I don't think they would work well for gaming so any recommendations for primarily gaming sets?
A: War Z, Day Z, Bf3, fps etc. Surround Gaming primarily.
Q: DAC/Soundcard?
A: Right now I'm using a Fiio E7.
Q: Price range?
A: Only care about getting a good deal. Because it's black friday weekend I can spend a lot or a little if the item is quality and discounted/on a good sale. Wouldn't want to spend more than $600 on cans or $300 for a card if ordering online since anything above that I would want to test in person.
Q: Headset or Just Headphones
A: Prefer Headphones please, no mic.
Thanks in advance!
More Detail:
Basically I want the best possible solution for accuracy in determing where those footsteps or gun-shots are coming from.
Right now I'm using sennheiser 448s on my fiio e7 because it's what I have.
I can actually tell within some fractions of a second where shots and footsteps are because the sound is pretty darn good on my stereo headset but I would like better if possible
I want to get Dolby Headphone running, as I hear physical 5.1/7.1 sets aren't so great usually. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also I'm not interested in headsets and don't care for them and they are the ones who mostly have physical 5.1/7.1 right?
Would getting an ASUS STX or Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD be the right way to go? And couple that with what? I don't have to keep using my 448s as I got them on a big sale the other year and only use them because they are there. Keep in mind I have other pairs of cans laying around and plan on buying one or two for the holidays. The ones I do have are mostly open and I don't think they would work well for gaming so any recommendations for primarily gaming sets?