please help, problems with win2k

Dome

2[H]4U
hi there, my rig listed in my sig is running win2k and in trouble. when it reboots, it says a file is corrupt or missing, and to boot from cd and repair. my problem is that when i put in the cd and it says to press any key, nothing happens.

its not my keyboard, as i've tried a 2nd one and both work. also both keyboards allow me to get into the bios before the loading windows screen.

i really want to get up and running. i have a laptop w/ an external hdd enclosure, would there be a way for me to somehow repair the hdd outside of my box before putting it back in?

when i plugged in a backup hdd as the master, it doesn't have an os, it wouldn't boot from cd when i pressed any buttons, and when it detected no os it said press crtl, alt, del, it still didn't respond. what sounds broken in this scenario? any help would be appreciated, thans

Is your keyboard a USB keyboard? If so, then check for an option that relates to Legacy USB, USB DOS supprot, or USB Keyboard support and enable it.

that was it, it was set to os and i changed it to bios. its currently loading into win2k setup.

thanks for the help.

Back