• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Please Help. My PC kept restarting.

HuangMin

n00b
Joined
Dec 5, 2014
Messages
3
My pc restarts whenever I run 3ds Max. I bought this pc during this year March. I need to render often thus I got a pc that can run 3ds Max well. And yesterday, my pc kept restarting when I tried playing a dvd too.
May I know what the problem is or what went wrong? I had already seek help from Autodesk and the problem doesn't seem to be the 3ds Max software that I'm using. I really need to get this solved as I have a major project coming up. Please help me.
 
What kind of hardware are you using? Power supply details? You've cleaned it out recently?
 
We need more specs.

Home Built?

Store bought? What brand etc.

Ram or the Power Supply are the big culprits at a random guess.
 
Something overheating? Does the BIOS report anything after it reboots?
 
The CPU is hp envy phoenix 810 pc series
Monitor: hp pavilion 25xi
Windows 8.1
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40GHz
16GB RAM
64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

I did a system recovery but the problem is still there.
There is no dialogue box or notifications. It just restarts whenever I run 3dsMax or played a dvd.
 
Sorry, I'm not good with computers. How or where can I find the information (GPU/PSU)?
 
Sorry, I'm not good with computers. How or where can I find the information (GPU/PSU)?

For the GPU go to your device manager.

For the PSU you may need to open the case and look.

If this is a brand name box with a model # you can go online and look up the specs.
 
Back
Top