Please help my new 6800gt!!!

morpheon

n00b
Hey I am new here but been a reader for years so Hello to the old and new!!

Ok...

Got the KICK ASS pny 6800gt today...Was an Ati fanboy but then I wised up...

the thing is though

My GT is only getting about 103XXK on 3dmark03.. :confused: . :confused: ..I have a X800pro here that gets 114XXK!!!!

Both are overclocked of course...the GT is at 424/1180

My system is a water TEC cooled (not vid card yet...still trying to choose which i want to keep) AMD 2500+ XP-M @ 2.59Ghz Mushkin Special 222 3200 Dual Channel 512 (2*256) kit.....

I have seen people with a much lower clocked AMD getting atleast 12K...so that is my goal...I have tried both 61.45 and 61.72(the brandnew ones) both to no avail....Yes, all settings in control panel are turned off...and default settings on 3dmark03....

SO what is going on..

While I wait for your input, I am going to run drivercleaner and remove all ati and nvidia drivers and try to install clean

I am going to keep the 6800gt based on the DOOM3 benches that were released today but man...why cant i get 12K with my 6800gt :confused:

Thanks for any and all help!

Morpheon

Hrm that is odd, usually the 6800GT scores around 1000 points higher than the x800pro on 3dmark. Must be a driver issue.

Some people have experienced worse performance with 6800GT overclocks. There may be a level above which performance takes a big step downwards... Try clocking back to either stock or to something more moderate like 400/1100, and re-run. I bet your results improve.

yea that's true on my BFG 6800GT i cant even get to 385 stable but i'm happy with this card on stock but gl with your card.

Yeah, try what he(46570) said, :p hahaha funny, but seriously there is a point where overclocking starts to degenerate you score.

exactly. Lower the speed to 410/1150 and see what happens.

I have a 3.2-> 3.5, 415/1150 and get 12,640.

new GPU core has ability to slow things down when it gets too hot or starts having calculation error. I bet thats what happened to your GT. Most likely unstable OC'ing. Have you done bios mod to supply more vcore?
Also, if you are using tec, you might want to look at hard modding both card to hit the limit on voltage. It seems like both card has max wattage it will consume before safety kicks in.

Back