Please help! My Corsair PC3200 shows up as DDR333!!

Try setting the ram frequency to auto or 200mhz. That is how your speed is figured. If your frequency is set to 166 (x2=333) you'll have quite a hard time adjusting the speed to 400mhz like it says it should run. If you set your frequency to auto, it should set it at 200mhz which will make the speed 400mhz like it should. If you can't get it to work with auto, just try setting the frequency to 200mhz manually. GL.

yes apparently you have your FSB on the motherboard set for 200mhz (correct), but your ram itself set for 133mhz (DRAM option). Try to set that to 200, which being DoubleDataRate effectively equals 400, and multiplied by your FSB = 800. Hope that works :)

800Mhz? For an AMD? Uhh... maybe I'm just misinformed or something, but I think with PC3200 the FSB is 200 (x2=400).

Do you have two DDR400 unbuffered DIMMs on the same channel? JEDEC specifies one DDR400 unbuffered DIMM per channel, two 333's, or three 266's. Going beyond that may or may not work.

Thanks for the replies!

I tried changing the ram freq manually, but it's "greyed" out . . . can't go up to change it. Might my RAM be bad? Too bad I don't have any spare 3200 laying around to check it out . . . if it's my motherboard, I guess I'll just have to live with it.

Also, it's just one stick of 512. Here're my specs:

ABIT KV8-Pro
AMD Athlon64 3000+ @ 2450 (245x10) - watercooled
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro @ 430/360 - watercooled
1x 512mb Corsair XMS 3200
Samsung CD-RW
Samsung DVD
160GB Seagate Barracuda-ATA/100
2x 80GB Seagate Barracuda-SATA, Raid 1

I tried correcting it both while overclocked and at stock speeds.

where it says current DRAM Selectable change that to User Defined or Manual.

That should ungrey the option to change it.

I also notice the SPD gave you crap timings, Cas 2.5 when your ram is made for Cas 2.

Change your Cas Latency to 2.

Change Min RAS# active time to 5.

hopefully that helps.

ecxeleron said:
u got bh5 man. u can d 2-2-2-11 timings!!
No he doesn't. That's CH-5, as far as I know. He can do 2-3-2-6, but nothing tighter.

Oh, and run your DRAM command rate at 1T.

Jerunk said:
Hey you're a lot of help, don't make useless posts just to put your title up, thanks.
actually wut happened was, i didnt read the hole thread and then responded, and then actually read the tread and realized i was wrong, so i just edit'd it to say dunno.

thebliX said:
actually wut happened was, i didnt read the hole thread and then responded, and then actually read the tread and realized i was wrong, so i just edit'd it to say dunno.

gotcha,

ONTOPIC: I have my CH-5 running at 2-3-2-5 seems to be pretty stable.

Again, thanks alot for the responses.

I'll try tweaking the timings as suggested.

I tried changing the DRAM frequency while under manual, and got the same results as in this picture. The Frequency is grey, and I can't select it to change it. The DRAM clock is changeable, but it won't accept it when I change it manually to DDR400 -- it gives me a horrible error beep and I have to reset my BIOS.

If there's a hardware problem, do you guys think it's in my RAM or in my mobo?

At first glance I'd say your BIOS is screwy if you can't change your RAM frequency...I'm too lazy to use my scroll, but did you update your bios at all? I also don't have much experience with abit, so I can only speculate...but I'd imagine it isn't your RAM, but more of a BIOS/mobo problem.

hmm I was just thinking that maybe it could be that you have a divider set in place somewhere? Make sure your ram is running without a divider aka (100% to FSB, 1:1)

Thanks - - yup, I've got the newest bios flash (ver 16 for the KV8 Pro). I'll try giving Abit a call or something tomorrow if it's the mobo's fault.

Divider? Sorry if I sound a bit newbish -- The last thing I overclocked was a T-berd, and I don't remember anything about a divider.
. . . all this newfangled technology :rolleyes:

Well you can either run sync 1:1(100% FSB/RAM), or async (eg. 5:4, 80%). There should be an option for it (usually) under one of the overclocking bios sections.

Yup sounds like you gotta put the 1:1 divider forced on manually. You are in the wrong section in the BIOS, try going to where you setup your CPU speeds, and see where it might say "auto" for the divider, in this case its probably being forced to 5:4.

I had to set mine to 1:1 even though I got PC3700 and PC2700 ram in my system, I *think* its running at full 200Mhz for all sticks of RAM across each bank, as reported by CPUz and the POST screen...

Back