Please help me with video conversion!

mtx

Gawd
I'm trying to piece together a few video clips for a personal video for my friends. Everyone submitted their own video clips so I have to work with different file formats - MP4, WMV, MOV, and AVI files. It's a big mess because some were recorded in HD720, others 640x480. Combined, there is around 2GB worth if clips. In the end, I want the final product to be in HD720. What would be the best program to convert these files? So far I've been playing around with Pazera Free MP4 to AVI Converter 1.6, but I have no clue what settings to use.

i.e. What output bitrate (kbits/s) should I use? How much FPS?

I can't sacrifice too much quality but I do want to cut down on space if possible....

---

Another question - after converting all the files to AVI, which would be the best FREE video converter to use? I have no choice but to use Windows Movie Maker right now.

Handbrake is a good choice, but first read through the short list of supported output formats to make sure that works for you.

Hmm, except Handbrake, I think you also could try Aneesoft Free Video Converter, it can convert various videos from avi, asf, flv, wmv, 3gp, mov etc. to mp4, mpg, and it is totally free, you could get it via google its name.

Back