Please help me with fan set-up

eysikal

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
95
I have this case HERE.

I also have THIS really quiet power supply. If I turn it down I can't even hear the fan. I've posted links to pictures of it so that you can get an idea of the airflow pattern in my case. It's a little different from typical power supplies.

What I really want to do is quiet down my entire system.

I have a Vantec 80mm fan cooling my CPU right now, and I am also using the stock AMD fan for exhast.

I need your help in selecting really quiet fans that will still be able to cool my system well enough to overclock it. (I have my CPU overclocked to a 3200+ and my 9800 Pro to an 9800 XT.)

I will also need help with the placement of the fans as well as how many to get.

I really want to get this thing as quiet as possible. I know I may need to look into aftermarket cooling on my 9800 Pro as well. That is my next project. I need to find one that will give better than stock performance that is near silent. Not sure if it is possible...

Thank guys. I am looking forward to your suggestions.
 
your post makes no sense, what kind of fan are you asking for? case fan, or CPU fan, or what?
 
You'll have to decide on either quiet or cooling. You could put nothing but Panaflo L1As into your case, to make it quiet...but not necessarily the "coolest." Or you could put in some regular Panaflos/Vantec/Pabst/whatever fans and get better cooling at the price of more noise.

Computer: a collection of compromises contained within a desktop enclosure.
 
have that same case.

i've installed 4 total fans in that case, had 6 for a while but was noticing not a major temp difference. possibly from airflow problems.

installed a typical everflow 80mm fan (28dB) in the front attached to a rheobus - silent

2x Vantec Stealth fans (20dB) on the back exhaust

and a 90mm Vantec Stealth on the non-clear side.

oh and a 480W ThermalTake SilentPower (TruePower? whatever).


the loudest thing in my computer right now are my hd's which is pissing me off to no end but its better than my old delta screamer setup :D

i also put in akasa pax mate onto every side cept for the clear acrylic side obviously.

also noticed that when i put in a 80mm fan in that upper intake slot in the bottom drive cage, it caused that thing to vibrate/rattle a bit even after i put in rubber grommets. maybe its just my case. that got loud too.
 
Sorry if my post was confusing....

I need help chosing all of the fans for my system. I need a completely new set-up.

I am going for as quiet as I can possibly go while still being able to achieve resonable temps for my overclocked system.

Should I just buy a whole bunch of fans and a fan controler?
 
Back
Top