Please Help Me with Computor Admin Username/Password Problem.

shorak

n00b
Recently on my desktop computor i tried to log in, but yes, since i am an idiot, i forgot the password and username of the computor, i have tried the safe mode route to solving the problem but without the orignal username it didnt work.

I really need to get into the computor for a mid term project, :) please help :)

Edit- Also i am using a Windows XP

At work I use a program called ERD Commander. It boots up on a CD, I use the 'Locksmith' tool and set a new administrator password.

NotSoSimple said:
At work I use a program called ERD Commander. It boots up on a CD, I use the 'Locksmith' tool and set a new administrator password.
so i should download ERD Commander, extract it to a CD and then use the "boot from disc" option on the computor? And then download locksmith and use it?

Sometimes at work we get computers that we don't know the admin p/w to, or ones that idiots have changed and didn't tell us. We are able to reset the password by running a repair. Just put in your windows disc and boot from it. It will ask you to repair an existing installation and let it do its thing. When it gets to the installing devices step, hit shift+f7. A dos box will open. Type in nusrmgr.cpl and you will get into the gui for creating users. Just make sure you make one user and make that user a member of the administrators group. Once the repair is done, log in with that account and reset the administrator password. It's worked every time for me. Thanks BG.

If i were to use the "operating system" CD, and i choose the repair option, no files or anything should be deleted right? I tried doing something similar to this on my other computor and all the files and programs were deleted and the computor turned into a pile of metal,

Also i have tried extracting a file to a CD, (to try another method) Winar gives me the error "Cannot Create Folder E:\" ?

http://ebcd.pcministry.com/

Problem: You have forgot password of Windows NT/2000/XP user/administrator.

Solution with EBCD: Using this disk, you may create special mini-version of Linux, which can change password for any user. Surely, you does not need to know the old password. Also, you may edit Windows registry using it.

Malk-a-mite said:

It is easy to customize the disk for your needs. You can include to CD any program you like, or remake the structure of CD completely. All you need is to change a few lines in configuration XML files.

That really is not detrimental right? Hopefully :)

I really hope i can upload the file onto a CD , thank you all for your help :)\

I get this darn error "STD Library Error" XD

shorak said:
If i were to use the "operating system" CD, and i choose the repair option, no files or anything should be deleted right? I tried doing something similar to this on my other computor and all the files and programs were deleted and the computor turned into a pile of metal,

Also i have tried extracting a file to a CD, (to try another method) Winar gives me the error "Cannot Create Folder E:\" ?

Its never deleted files or given me any problems, but I wouldn't bet that 100% it won't delete anything. You know, its windows. I dunno about that error.

Back