• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Please help me reach 3.4 guys

rntibbyboy

n00b
Joined
Dec 27, 2006
Messages
18
I installed the zalman 9700 led fan and the temperature was around 25C idle which was great so i tried overclocking it higher than my original speed 3.2ghz @ stock speed. I made the cpu cvore to auto and my nvidia voltage read 1.44 which was a bit high. So I decreased my vcore to 1.35 and overclocked it to 3.3ghz successfully stable. I tried raising my FSB in small increments of 5 but windows wouldnt boot. Went back to bios and it says windows is now in safe mode. I tried upping my vcore to 1.4, 1.45. 1.5 and tried booting but didnt work. I tried upping my ram voltage from 2.0 to 2.1 but didnt work. Whats wrong? Is it my chips limit? I read that 3.4 is doable with good air cooling.
currently, my 3.3 @ 1.35 vcore temp idles at around 32-33C and below 45C during load
please help!
ram: 2gb ocz gold xtc pc6400 800 timings: 5-5-5-15 all stock didnt do anything except raise ram voltage to 2.0
3-1.jpg

DSCN1200.jpg

DSCN1197.jpg


Specs:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Motherboard: EVGA 680i
CPU Cooler: Zalman 9700
Case: Ultra Blue Aluminus
Power Supply: Ultra X2-Connect 550w
Memory: 2 x 1gb OCZ Gold XTC pc6400
Video Card: 8800GTS
Hard Drive: 150gb WD Raptor
 
[BRO]Alaskan said:
Have you tried lowering the HTT to 4. Have you tried lowering the the memory ratio to 5/6?
How do i lower the memory ratio to 5/6? Im new to this overclocking and this is my first comp build please tell me how thanks
-Chris
 
Go to the FSB and Memory config page. Where it says FSB-memory clock mode <auto> change it to manual. Under that you can now change FSB-Memory ratio. Changing it to 5/6 will let you get the FSB up to 280mhz before you run out of ram speed again.
 
Wow, I almost have the same rig as you, and i have my E6600 running at 425Mhz with a multiplier of 8. 425x8=3400
 
Back
Top