Here are a few other posts I made in another forum to explain my situation:
Well, I went to sleeve my psu and while half way through, I tried to power up because I couldn't get a connector off. So, I go to start up my comp and the fans spin for less then a second and ..... nothing???? Tried it on another computer and nothing. I don't have all the 4 pin molex connectors back on and I haven't even touched the 20 pin (since it was already sleeved) and I didn't touch the 4 pin atx connector either. Did fudge my psu up somehow? I also tried it with the psu open, if that matters
I already took apart and I cut the auxiliary wire,ase I didn't need it and wanted to get rid of it. So what's left og those wires are wrapped in tape. I may have touched something I shouldn't have, but it wasn't plgged in that would still matter? There was no smoke or any smells of burns.
Not sure if this matters, but when I first turn on my psu the led's on my mobo light up and then I try to turn the computer on the fans turn 1 revolution then the leds go out and 4 seconds later they are back on. Is it possible that there could be a short? Maybe molex connector is on wrong??? I did try it with just the 20 pin and 4 pin atx, without any power connector hooked up, so that shouldn't matter right?
Still looking for ideas on what else I can test before I label it dead.
Well chek this out.... I guess this is good news. I unhooked all the second molex connectors on the power cords and plugged in just the 20pin and my mobo was running and my psu fans were on as normal.... so I guess it's not dead . I accidentally touched 2 of the wires together (that are normally in the molex connector and there was a spark and everything shut down. I couldn't get anything to work now, but I turned the psu off then back on and after trying to start the computer 3 times, it started up. If I put in the 4 pin atx then I get the same stuttering that I did before... once or twice it did nothing at all when I tried to turn it on (fans didn't spin temporarily). So, that's where I'm at now......
Waiting for more help
Well, I went to sleeve my psu and while half way through, I tried to power up because I couldn't get a connector off. So, I go to start up my comp and the fans spin for less then a second and ..... nothing???? Tried it on another computer and nothing. I don't have all the 4 pin molex connectors back on and I haven't even touched the 20 pin (since it was already sleeved) and I didn't touch the 4 pin atx connector either. Did fudge my psu up somehow? I also tried it with the psu open, if that matters
I already took apart and I cut the auxiliary wire,ase I didn't need it and wanted to get rid of it. So what's left og those wires are wrapped in tape. I may have touched something I shouldn't have, but it wasn't plgged in that would still matter? There was no smoke or any smells of burns.
Not sure if this matters, but when I first turn on my psu the led's on my mobo light up and then I try to turn the computer on the fans turn 1 revolution then the leds go out and 4 seconds later they are back on. Is it possible that there could be a short? Maybe molex connector is on wrong??? I did try it with just the 20 pin and 4 pin atx, without any power connector hooked up, so that shouldn't matter right?
Still looking for ideas on what else I can test before I label it dead.
Well chek this out.... I guess this is good news. I unhooked all the second molex connectors on the power cords and plugged in just the 20pin and my mobo was running and my psu fans were on as normal.... so I guess it's not dead . I accidentally touched 2 of the wires together (that are normally in the molex connector and there was a spark and everything shut down. I couldn't get anything to work now, but I turned the psu off then back on and after trying to start the computer 3 times, it started up. If I put in the 4 pin atx then I get the same stuttering that I did before... once or twice it did nothing at all when I tried to turn it on (fans didn't spin temporarily). So, that's where I'm at now......
Waiting for more help